2nd Sept - 300-series Autumn Meet - North Wales

Volvo 300 Mania meetings dates and events
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***

2nd Sept - 300-series Autumn Meet - North Wales

Post by foggyjames » 01 Aug 2017 12:40 am

Instead of an 'annual' event organised as a VOC 300-series event, I wanna try doing a larger number of smaller-scale events, roughly quarterly. This is the first, and it's a repeat of an event we first ran ten years ago.

The plan is for the event to be in two stages. Firstly, a drive along the A5 from Telford to Capel Curig, before turning off onto the famous Llanberis Pass, with Llanberis itself as our ultimate destination. Secondly, for those who are interested, we will visit the "Electric Mountain" - the official subterranean tour of Dinorwig pumped-storage power station. This is a pretty amazing place, if you've never been.

Further details:
* Saturday 2nd September. Meet at 11am at M54 Telford/Shifnal services (TF11 8TG)
* Drive at our own pace to Llanberis via the A5 and Llanberis Pass, taking approximately 2-3 hours, depending on our pace. Experience has shown that it's much better to allow people to enjoy the drive by making their own way, and setting their own pace, rather than trying to maintain a convoy!
* Take the Electric Mountain tour at 3pm. This must be booked in advance, so if you are planning to attend and take part in the tour, it is essential that you make contact with me in advance to reserve your place - or there will simply be no place reserved for you, and you'll have to wait in the car park! The cost of the tour will be met by the club, but spaces are limited - so please confirm with me in advance.
* Afterwards, there will no doubt be an opportunity to chat, after which we are free to go our separate ways. However, for any of us who don't have a particularly long journey home, or who will be staying in the area overnight, I suspect we will head to a nearby pub for an evening meal - details of the venue will be provided on the day.

Some people might be staying over, and there are various things to do in the area on the Sunday. If anyone is up for that, let's discuss.

I hope to see you there!

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...