some info please

Various, various and more various!
ghetto

some info please

Post by ghetto » 17 Nov 2010 08:01 pm

hello lads and ladetts im looking to see what the info is on the VOLVO 363CS!! ive found pictures and its awesome just would like to know more about it if anyone can help me, im also thinking about replicating the kit on my volvo as its off the road for a few cheeky modifications

thank u steve

volvodspec

Re: some info please

Post by volvodspec » 17 Nov 2010 11:18 pm

the whole concept of the car was because volvo was dissapointed in the "granny" image of the old Daf's wich the Variomatic on the new 343, a "sports" model had to be made, and initially for rally driving to boost up the image of the newborn 300.. Gunnar Andersson was the man to get on building the 363CS concept

MY77 343 was used as base,
engine was a due to oilcrisis at the time Renault B27 V6 (was initially on the drawing board as a V8) 2.7litres with 140bhp
rims BBS 15" 2-piece
widened wheelarches on the front including a fiberglass frontspoiler to match, and a widebody-build kit on the rear matching the width of the short 343 bumpers.
custom torquetube driveline, with Alfa Romeo gearbox on the rear.
basic "sports" interior with the GT steering wheel (as later standard on Black Beauty and other special models) Recaro seats,
there are a few other tweeks to the suspension, such as a rear stabiliser etc.
and the first 300 with the bonnet bulge, later standard on 343/345 DLS and GLS models

the car didn't make it for rallying due to the high weight of the front with the V6 lying in it.

tbh a kit like on the 363CS will only work well with a short bumpered 343, all later bumpers are simply too long down the sides of the car.. and engine wise i would definatly consider other options then that lazy V6 :P the V6-twinturbo version of the Renault saffrane perhaps