Car doesnt start quick enough And another thing

Various, various and more various!
hatch360

Car doesnt start quick enough And another thing

Post by hatch360 » 22 Dec 2007 12:00 am

One of the problems I have is that ever since owning the 360 it will not start straight away, taking a couple of cranks to get it going & sometimes when it gets going the revs drop low before raising. Now it isnt much of a problem but still when I used to drive the old laser it had started on the first turn of the key.

Instead of starting a new thread, apparantly the EGR valve is leaking could that explain the slight engine vibration?

Thanks

petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by petefarrell360 » 22 Dec 2007 12:31 am

I'm assuming it's the injection GLT version, as I think I'm right in saying that's all that was sold in Australia. In which case, my current GLT is very slow in starting sometimes, more often when warm to be honest. I've not looked into it much, as it ALWAYS starts second time round, whether it's a quick first crank, or 30 seconds worth. There is no sign of it firing normally. I'm thinking it's something electrical, a sticky relay, or something not working correctly until it gets the second jolt and the key has to be released and returned to off before it will work.

The GLT's tend to suffer from a poor cold start, and at higher mileages seem to get coked up and take a minute or two to clear themselves, often bogging and being down on power for the first mile or so. Not a problem with my current GLT yet.

This may be something else in your case. Have you serviced it with new plugs, distributor cap, rotor arm and leads? A good spark is the key. There may be a lack of fuel, maybe a leak or the fuel rail isn't pressurised if it stands over night?

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........

brad360

warm starting problem

Post by brad360 » 19 Jan 2008 12:36 pm

I also have a 360GLT, injected. It _always_ starts fine when cold, but rarely first time when warm, nearly always second time OK. Someone suggested it cold be some electrical thingy that senses the engine temperature and the magic trickery that makes it go thinks the engine is cold when it is warm, I assume giving it a richer mixture than what is really required. Could this be true? Would this cause it to not start easily? Would this also cause the fuel consumption to not be really brilliant. I don't find it too bad, but my highway long trips don't seem to be as good as some people say they get, maybe 9 litres / 100km, even driving 90 -100 km/h, 400km with few lights or stops.
360GLT