My 340 16V

Various, various and more various!
kaos

My 340 16V

Post by kaos » 24 Feb 2008 03:37 pm

well im goign to do this maybe liek a project report, i started one else where but meh i'll wirite a proper one some day.

today I've managed to remove the loom, starter, most pipes bolt on and engine mount to check, yesterday alternator and power steering.

so its slowly getting places, but it seems now my problems lie with certain engine components, i was told the engine was dry stored, yet it seems to have plenty of oil in it, via checking the dipstick, so i may have buggered the internalsd up when it rolled on to my sisters legs a few weeks agao now. also found water in all the spark plug wells. which has now gone through in to the cylinders.

in relaity i want to keep it as it is and not strip it down more than i have to as i cant be fecked to replace head gasket and cambelt yet. time n cost more than anything.

so heres some pictures.

heres how im working on the engine, Thanks to william( greenvan ) for long term let of his engine crane

all the bits currently removed that barrow did house the engine when i got it, but its now full with bits n bobs of off the engine

The loom

nice close up

And heres the serious earth lead i will be using, i sourced this back in my audio days thanks to my old man. Its an earth lead used in ambulances and it s about £20 to buy normally in the shops. but i got it way cheaper..
and it will now be either my battery to engine earth, or engine to chassis, tis about a foot and a half almost of bare 2AWG

WooDooUK

Post by WooDooUK » 26 Feb 2008 11:42 am

Nice one,

Looks like you at the exact point im at! Shouldn't be long now :)

kaos

Post by kaos » 26 Feb 2008 07:12 pm

shouldnt be engines coming out of my tank on saturday.

and with any luck, the block should be bolted in place, but still waiting on clutches to come up cheap!

just the loom and fuel system to sort mainly.

WooDooUK

Post by WooDooUK » 26 Feb 2008 08:57 pm

I ended buying a complete clutch kit on ebay for £20 +postage.

I have next week off work so i should be able to make a good start on it then.

Have you decided what your going to do about the Heater blower box/Intake manifold situation?

kaos

Post by kaos » 26 Feb 2008 09:13 pm

take it all out:D of cut it up a bit and make a new one to fit. but I'm having to rebuild the water pipes on mine and so on.

still i cant wait. trying to geta head gasket set cheap enough aswell as uprated headbolts or normal headbolts cheap enough.