URGENT, HELP ME PLEASE!

Various, various and more various!
RHINO

URGENT, HELP ME PLEASE!

Post by RHINO » 18 May 2008 09:29 am

Coming home yesterday evening I noticed whilst signaling one of my indicators had gone out. On closer inspection I found it to be the rear drivers side, I put a new bulb in but still no difference so swapped it over with the rear passenger side. Now that doesn't work also so completely signaless from the rear, also the passenger side electric window was playing up and has now stopped aswell. Any ideas? could they be linked? Have the car up for sale at the moment and want to get it fixed first. Please help!!! Car is a 360 glt G reg 5 door

Cloud

Post by Cloud » 18 May 2008 09:53 am

If it is linked, It's probably going to be a bad earth, do they work on the odd occasion? The rear clusters on mine are dodgy too and need rewired, I'm told its the type of connector on the bulb fitting. Could be worth a check.
B Volvo 360 GLT - 2.0i 52k
N Volvo 480 Celebration - 2.0 140k!
P Hyundai Coupé SE - 2.0i 16v 99k

RHINO

Post by RHINO » 18 May 2008 10:11 am

The drivers side went out the week before then came back on but I've completely lost the two. You think I should try replace the connectors? Do you know where the wires are earthed at?

pettaw
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by pettaw » 18 May 2008 01:12 pm

There's an earth bar in the cluster itself, the bulb socket connects onto it very loosely so it only takes a tiny bit of corrosion in the wrong place and it stops working completely.

Chris_C has written a topic on rear clusters and how to remake/redesign the earths so this kind of thing doesn't happen, but if you don't want to go to all that trouble, then start by giving the earth contact in the bulb holder and also the earth bar where it touches the bulb holder a good clean with some emery paper and contact cleaner.

RHINO

Post by RHINO » 18 May 2008 01:37 pm

Thanks guys, have just been told by a friend it may have something to do with the tow hitch wiring also..