360 GLT issues

Various, various and more various!
ozeephil

360 GLT issues

Post by ozeephil » 18 Sep 2008 05:29 am

Greetings from Down Under,

Just joined up what appears to be a very useful looking site.

I picked up a very tidy 1984 360 GLT about 12 months ago. Only problem so far has been the fuel pump packing up. Easily fixed.

We have also almost always had a fuel smell in the car and open windows only makes it worse. Had the car on the hoist and no obvious leaks from either tank or fuel lines that can be detected.

The fuel sender unit under the rear seat also doesn't appear to be the culprit.

Any suggestions??

Also the central locking has just started playing up. The front doors will both unlock and lock but neither of the back doors. According to the handbook there is only one fuse for the C/L and this fuse also acts for other items which operate fine.

The Haynes manual wiring diagram suggests that all the wiring is connected directly from the drivers door and therefore if this wasn't 'outputing' I would figure none of the doors would unlock. If it was just one door not working I would suspect a disconnecting or a faulty solenoid but as both rears aren't working I am wondering if is something else.

Again, any suggestions?

Cheers

Philip

Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Chris_C » 18 Sep 2008 08:50 am

Welcome mate! Fuel leak... as you have a 360, check the pipe mentioned in this sticky

http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/v ... php?t=1034

as the the central locking, it's *normally* the motors, they mostly tend to be dead, but if you can get hold of a known good one, check the voltages at the plug with the good one or a multimeter. Then bodge in something from a different car or a universal ;)
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast

ozeephil

Post by ozeephil » 18 Sep 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the reference on the fuel smell. I'll have a closer look at the clips on the weekend and also the expansion tank. As I said it's the smell rather than an obvious leak.

I figure with the locks it will be a matter of taking things apart and seeing what's working and what's not and also whether I am getting power to the rear locks. It just seemed a bit unusual that both rear doors failed at once. I was wondering whether there might have been a connector block somewhere to look for that might have come adrift.

Cheers for now.

Philip

dalahare

Post by dalahare » 18 Sep 2008 12:08 pm

Howdy mate, the left rear door on my 360 never unlocked either, it was a motor but i never bothered fixing it, if you are in melbourne pick a part normally has one in there that you can nab cheap parts from. I also have a few things laying around too, need a whiteline swaybar? :lol: