high revs in my 340 dl

Various, various and more various!
spike4073

high revs in my 340 dl

Post by spike4073 » 28 Sep 2008 11:12 am

hi i bought my 340 dl auto in july with 57000 on the clock and exelent service history

about a month after purchase it sounds different ...the best way i can describe it is that it sounds like the revs are too high...not having a rev counter i am unable to confirm this...it just sounds too high ...as iff stuck in a low gear.....i dont know a great deal about cars ...all i have been able to confirm is that.....the low gear hold switch is not stuck on.......there is no prob with the kick-down switch under the gas peddle....and the vacuum valve (first suspect) seems to be fine...it just seems to be too loud as you go over 20mph...any ideas anyone????

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 28 Sep 2008 12:16 pm

I remember seeing one vario at garage in my youth that had lost one bolt that keeps belt disc on place, disc was there, but it had not much ability to move with only one belt.

It required only tightening of those bolts, maybe if they are bit loose it could do that what you have now?

Don't really know names for those as I don't know much of varios, they are quite unique.
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage