Unknown device

Various, various and more various!
nekto

Unknown device

Post by nekto » 20 Jan 2009 01:35 pm

hi all
Can anybody identify what is it? It looks like some valve...
My car is 360 '84 with B19A with Stromberg carb
And it would be great to know how it should be connected. Unfortunately, I can't find any info in my handbook

Thanks in advance
'84 360

OapEM

Re: Unknown device

Post by OapEM » 20 Jan 2009 02:36 pm

Hello mate I have a B19e engined '84 360 which looks the same. I am also at a bit of a loss with this valve!

One pipe comes from the back of the airbox (near bulkhead) one runs from the carb into it also. Mine is not very well connected (previous owners bodges) I too would like to know more about it!

I will get some pics of the way mine is ATM. 340pw
Get rich or die tryin'!

nekto

Post by nekto » 20 Jan 2009 02:52 pm

Can you make a few photos how it connected? Does it work?
I my car I have no hose with dia 10mm(as on this valve). The same situation for airfilter..
I have no idea where it can be connected-I didn't see any hose with such dia!
Another problem is electrical connection. Something should rule this valve. But I can't see this valve on wiring diagram.
'84 360

OapEM

Post by OapEM » 20 Jan 2009 03:06 pm

I forgot I have a couple of pics of this valve already mate. Mine is slightly different to yours too it seems.

Here is the valve with no pipes connected. You are right about the electrical connection. it appears to run off into the loom. When I am next at the car I will see if I can trace it for you mate.

This pic shows the pipe from the back of the airbox to the valve. In the 3rd pic is the pipe from the carb that should conenct to the side of the valve.

The large black pipe to the middle right of this pic is the one that connects to the side of the valve in question. Although it never stays where it should.

I do not have anything connected to the bottom of the valve. If you block the side or bottom (can't remember) it affects the idle of the car. Could it be some form of cold start valve?

As can be seen, my pipes are a mess. I have replaced the airbox - valve one. The one from the carb is completely wrong, it is a piece of air line I think and it also has what appears to be the fitting from the end of the valve wedged into it, as the valve itself is broken on that part.

Hope this sheds some light for you mate and maybe someone else can post and show us both what it is/where everything should go! :D
Get rich or die tryin'!

nekto

Post by nekto » 20 Jan 2009 03:24 pm

Big thanks!
Now it's much clear-I found this hose on airfilter and recall this hose on the back of carb.
Also I recall airline that connected these hoses directly. But it is obviously incorrect, and was removed some time

Thy only thing remaining is electrical connection..
Wait for wire trace
'84 360