new backbox

Various, various and more various!
littlered

new backbox

Post by littlered » 27 Jun 2009 10:13 am

i want to change just my backbox,what work is involved in changing it?whats the best way?
im thinking about a dtm style slightly upturned and slash cut id like to try and keep the same outlet angle as standard i.e slightly outwards.what size does the inlet to the new backbox need to be?
cheers carlyle

magnumpi

Re: new backbox

Post by magnumpi » 27 Jun 2009 10:56 pm

If you aren't changing the whole system, you will have to get an adapter/stepup from your original pipe diameter to that of the new backbox.

If it's a box which isn't supposedly designed for a 300, your on your own really. As in you'll just have to get the box you want, get under the car and cut and chop where it's required for your liking.
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

Bazboy
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: new backbox

Post by Bazboy » 28 Jun 2009 03:03 am

Can be a real pain to get right too as the original exhaust mounts werent that good on mine and with the car being lowered the over axel part was a real ass to get right(still isnt perfect) best bet is to get a rear section off a scrapper and play around with it, chopping welding etc.... if it doesnt work out you still have the original to put on.

Dan