New owner, a few questions...

Various, various and more various!
volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: New owner, a few questions...

Post by volvosneverdie » 27 Aug 2009 01:58 pm

garth wrote:How many hands has that car changed in the last year? If its the one Im thinking of.
third owner since it was origonally posted on the voc.
unless ive lost count!

Om7

Post by Om7 » 27 Aug 2009 08:21 pm

I am the third this year as far as I know, why? Is there something I should know? :lol:

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 27 Aug 2009 08:41 pm

No mate, not at all.
We just got tired of seeing people buy it, break it, then try and sell it on for twice what they paid.

It was A1 fully functional a year ago, and was origonally sold from the VOC for 300 quid.
Then its been getting neglected more and more, and advertised at higher and higher prices.

Nice to see it going to someone thats gonn fix it instead of just thrash it TBH mate.

Well done dude. :D

Om7

Post by Om7 » 27 Aug 2009 10:46 pm

I got it for £250. Not a bargain due to what needs repairing, but it is a car I have always wanted to own and plan on making it at the very least decent again.

Started replacing the clutch today, got it all off apart from the bell housing will not come out without taking the exhaust down pipe off. Very frustrating as I cannot remove one of the nuts from the pipe, and ran out of energy by 8pm. :P Starter should be here tomorrow though so at least I can put it all back together in one sitting!

Cheers to everyone who has given me advice so far, especially foggyjames for all the technical info. :D

foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by foggyjames » 03 Sep 2009 02:55 am

The DP ain't too bad on those...try it with fresh eyes ;) A 360 with PAS, on the other hand, is a whole world of not fun!

Possibly the easiest car (without a cartridge clutch) in the world to do a clutch on. Seriously.

cheers

James