Portly - B43 GHH (Picture Heavy)

For drift/rally/builds cars projects, engine conversions etc...
Describe your plans, project(s) evolution, works progress and final result!
Attack2001

Re: Portly - B43 GHH (Picture Heavy)

Post by Attack2001 » 30 Jun 2012 07:45 pm

tim-andre wrote:You think of doing a short shift on this to? Its quite easy to make, instead of buying
I am thinking about it, if i can get hold of another gearstick with mechanism i might have a go at it :) Would make changing gear nicer as its about max at the moment where im sitting :wink:

Thomas..................

tim-andre

Post by tim-andre » 01 Jul 2012 02:03 am

not that hard actually, just cut it of under the ball thingy on the lever, add what you think is right (not more than 2,5-3 cm from what ive heard) weld, put back into car :) its to be done on mine when i can find a person with a welder :D
War isnt about who is right, but who is left

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 01 Jul 2012 02:23 am

tim-andre wrote:not that hard actually, just cut it of under the ball thingy on the lever, add what you think is right (not more than 2,5-3 cm from what ive heard) weld, put back into car :) its to be done on mine when i can find a person with a welder :D
Oh really? :wink: I must look into this further. Tis now on my to-do list :lol: Thats more money gone i dont have haha :P

Thomas...............

tim-andre

Post by tim-andre » 01 Jul 2012 12:13 pm

Attack2001 wrote:Oh really? :wink: I must look into this further. Tis now on my to-do list :lol: Thats more money gone i dont have haha :P

Thomas...............
quite easy and cheap to do, so only need to buy whatever piece of metal that goes in where you cut of :)

bmw one, same idea with the volvo ones

volvodspec

Post by volvodspec » 01 Jul 2012 02:47 pm

same idea but with a 340 you'll hit the propshaft by just modifying this shaft, you need to raise the support of the centre pivot aswell

here's mine:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/ ... 8Large.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/ ... 7Large.jpg

MCHUDD
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by MCHUDD » 01 Jul 2012 03:38 pm

Hi mate.
Thats a pretty cool looking gear leaver you have :D
Cheers Mark.
sm4 sm4 sm4 sm4 sm4

Nimminz

Post by Nimminz » 01 Jul 2012 09:47 pm

volvodspec wrote:same idea but with a 340 you'll hit the propshaft by just modifying this shaft, you need to raise the support of the centre pivot aswell
That's what i was thinking, still not too hard to do
'88 360 +T LSD - sold
'87 760 TDI (D24TIC) - sold
'04 V40 D sport (F9Q, decat, Remapped, launch control)
'89 740 SE (b230ft, 12psi, V-cam, headwork, 'remapped', banded steels)
'86 340 DL 1.4

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 03 Jul 2012 12:56 am

It lives! and moves! And does other car-like stuff!! Haha, well the last few days have been a bit manic. Tried to get a lot of stuff done so the car could be used for tuesday, need to take it in to college, been getting to much abuse about it for too long! And its my last week :roll: But anyways, the exhaust got finished, the welding was all under sealed underneath, the inner wing was finished, fillered and painted. The header tank and associated gubbins put on and anti freeze topped up. The rear wing needed to two front nuts putting on but i couldnt get to them, so i have drilled some holes to be able to get to them. Number plate lights have been fitted and the wiring run inside the boot lid, into the car via the heated window wire etc. A new earth cable for the engine was put on that goes from the engine to a stud welded on the chassis rail. The battery has been relocated to behind the passenger seat, all the relocation wire has been run through the bulkhead with grommets etc. The kill switch was wired in too. Aswell as my starter button :D although the light on the starter buttons quite bright so might disconnet it. The clock and radio however can work with the kill switch off, but theres a fuse in the system somewhere hidden :wink: so even if you knew you could jump start the car off that circuit, it'l just blow the fuse, and it'l take you all day to find the fuse :P Got the new clocks in, all wired in etc. The rev counter sometimes has a delay when i first start it up though? The petrol gauge works! Oh my god is it good to know how much fuel you have before your buggered! :lol: The extra gauges in the cubby hole in front of the gearstick are in, the lights work on them, i just need to wire them in properly to the senders etc so they work. Should be an afternoons work :) I decided against the tow strap, couldnt be arse and the front looks nice without it :) The cigarette lighter has been relocated to the little box thingy for the rear passengers, so i can still have a sat nav or the like. Got all the interior back in, the dashboard, centre console, buckets, carpet, extra carpet pieces and more! Here's a few pictures i've taken :)

The earth for the battery is now P clipped down too, earths to the body underneath the trim piece that covers the seatbelt reel :)

So now it was almost finished, needed to do the tracking on it, so had to get it out the front in the road. My mum says to me "when does your MOT run out by the way?" err *flicks through car folder* 16TH JUNE!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Booked it in for an MOT for 3.30, 2 hours time :roll: what a numpty... So managed to get it out onto the road, quick go up the road, Who forgot to do the wheel nuts up!! I'm a pillock... but wait! It gets worse! Guess who then also forgot to do the top mount nuts up! :shock: Now that is just taking the p*ss! So got to the MOT station, after lots of scraping and head turning on the way down. Felt so good to be driving the beast again! :D Parked up outside the MOT station 15 minutes late, and my brother notices something leaking. So im instantly thinking i've ripped the oil temp sender off and its leaking. Turned out to be petrol. A tiny little pin prick hole in the return pipe as it goes into the chassis rail. To put an end to an already mixed day. I drove it home and i intend to have it MOT'd tomorrow. Need to put the old steelies on as they dont think it'l get onto the hoist/in the rollers. The MOT man looked over it while the bonnet was up and didnt say anything about the turret extensions :D I got the fuel leak fixed, used some kart fuel line, slid it over the top and secured it each end, better than cutting the piece out and risking it coming apart :) Also dug the rubber insert that's supposed to be in the chassis rail back out and put it back in. Luckily it was just the return though :) Been trying to sort out the camber as well. Was running it at around 2 degree's as we didnt get time to do it :roll: It'l be back to .5degree's tomorrow :) also, its been rasied up already, lets just say im not going any lower haha :lol: Here's a few more pics:

I love driving it! Although its giving me all the obstacles it can :lol: But either way, it'l be done soon :mrgreen: Even though the springs are 400lbs each, you barely feel it the seats are so comfy :mrgreen: Its so nice to go round a swooping corner and not feel like your about to roll over into the next lane :lol: Anyway, i shall update tomorrow with more pics of me out and about hopefully!! :mrgreen: Fingers crossed!

Thanks, Thomas......................

tim-andre

Post by tim-andre » 03 Jul 2012 09:49 pm

volvodspec wrote:same idea but with a 340 you'll hit the propshaft by just modifying this shaft, you need to raise the support of the centre pivot aswell

here's mine:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/ ... 8Large.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/ ... 7Large.jpg
Would it hit the prop on a 360? Or do i need to raise the centre pivot aswell?

Nimminz

Post by Nimminz » 03 Jul 2012 09:52 pm

There's not much clearance on the 360 torque tube, as standard I'd say 15mm max so yeah, raise the pivot
'88 360 +T LSD - sold
'87 760 TDI (D24TIC) - sold
'04 V40 D sport (F9Q, decat, Remapped, launch control)
'89 740 SE (b230ft, 12psi, V-cam, headwork, 'remapped', banded steels)
'86 340 DL 1.4

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 05 Jul 2012 12:06 am

MOT Pass :D :D :D Took it back down there, on all old steels - knew it was going to fail as the two rears were different sizes. Got failed on the front left tyre touching the shock, and the rears being different sizes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Took it straight home, swapp em over to the alloys, back down there and they passed it there and then :D

Although thats were the good day ended... on the way home, brand new tyre, 10 miles old! Puncture.. :evil:

SO NOT FAIR! :x :x Oh well... Got the puncture repaired this morning and got it all tracked: .8 degree camber on the front, around 2 on the back, and a 1mm toe in on the front. The steering wheels also central :D So time to go drive it! And its awesome :mrgreen: Its a head turner, and everyone seems to love it :340:

One thing i've noticed is the back end isnt as stiff as i wanted. Even with these landy shocks its not stiff enough :( so need to sort that out pronto :lol:

Thomas....................

SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by SteveP » 07 Jul 2012 10:25 pm

This is awesome, masses amounts of work!! I still think it'd look better with Mk2 bumpers, but what the hell it's still awesome :lol:
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux

littlemanrob

Post by littlemanrob » 08 Jul 2012 06:16 pm

at last looks great now

MCHUDD
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by MCHUDD » 08 Jul 2012 06:55 pm

Looks fantastic Thomas.
Is the battery secure? Over here that is an MOT failure.
Cheers Mark.
sm4 sm4 sm4 sm4 sm4

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 08 Jul 2012 08:30 pm

Cheers guys :)

I may try some mk2 bumpers on at some point, however at the moment im liking it and need to put the money towards other things for the moment :)

Yes rob you know xD Should come round and see it at some point :)

Mark, the battery is secured, i just took the picture before the strap was put on :) The metal tray is attached to the frame that was welded in, and then the battery sits in the tray and the strap goes over the top :)

Thanks, Thomas...........................

P.S White wheels!! AHHHHH :lol: