Fuse's 360GLT

For drift/rally/builds cars projects, engine conversions etc...
Describe your plans, project(s) evolution, works progress and final result!
vØlvØfreak

Re: Fuse's 360GLT

Post by vØlvØfreak » 25 Aug 2009 09:51 pm

Fuse wrote:Window wind deflectors are available as aftermarket production parts though. I just don't remember the manufacturer or the site where those were availble. Weren't cheap though.

I've got one Volvo OEM window wind deflector though but I've not fitted it because only one window wind deflector would look stupid. :)

-Marko
I thought the wind deflectors were on the German ebay. I have seen them many times on there.

I have fitted now only 1 wind deflector, because the other one came of, looks indeed a bit stupid :lol:

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 26 Aug 2009 07:06 am

It's ClimAir which sells aftermarket ones it seems.

http://www.climairuk.com/climair/online_shop.php

Aukki post some more info @ Volvolandia about the ones you have. :)
Volvo R-Sport - Equipment for the car enthusiast.

“Buy land, they're not making it anymore” - Mark Twain

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 26 Aug 2009 08:14 pm

The car's through MOT. :P No more rusty inner sills either, thanks to the welder.

I also replaced the leaky front muffler. Old one was surprisingly a flow-through Simons item though at least 10 to 15 years old. Black powdercoating had vanished totally and it was rusted inside. Outside was in surprisingly good condition.

I replaced it also with a Simons flow-through muffler, a ~10cm longer version only. :)

Actual pics later. :)

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway

aukki

Post by aukki » 26 Aug 2009 09:40 pm

Fuse wrote: Aukki post some more info @ Volvolandia about the ones you have. :)

Jep. :D

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/arizona ... muovit.jpg

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 02 Sep 2009 09:42 pm

Hello

Some more rust work done to the car. :P I'm currently at our summerhouse finishing the Sauna-building, well actually we got it fully finished couple days ago, so now I have some time to work on the car also. :)

There was some rust at the co-driver's a-pillar (common spot for 300-series) so I thought to do something about it. Well the local neighbour here has a very nice "carage" (in quotes because it's more like a fully equipped private repair shop :D) so he offered his help and space to work with the car.

First we took out the windshield to check the damages.. Well not a nice sight but I've seen much worse.

I could sure use a carage space like this! :D That's the new part of the carage, old part is an old barnhouse full of tools and equipment like wheel balancing machine, milling machines, pillar drills etc...

Cleaning the area around the rusted part.

I left the actual metal work/welding to those who know it better.. :D

He didn't have his sand blasting equipment on the site currently so I used phosphorous acid to clean the metal parts. It came out pretty nice. Then some sanding and sanding and sanding... :lol:

And here's probably the main reason for the rust... Sanitary silicone! Goddamn when do people learn not to use the sanitary silicone to stop leaks in cars... :D Older sanitary silicones are the worst because those contained acetic acids and it's guaranteed to eat away the metal.

Primer

And main color

Ok it's not showroom condition but a hell of a lot better than the starting point... :D

Tomorrow we are going to put the windshield back in place.

Here's also a pic of the new exhaust piece.

-Marko

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 02 Sep 2009 09:59 pm

Great work dude.
Windscreen surround repair frankly terrifies me.
But best to get in there early rather than later.
Still love that Red monster.

Think Im gonna have to source some deflectors for mine now......................eventually!
Dont think it'll work as well on a 5 door though :lol:

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 06 Sep 2009 10:54 pm

Huge thanks to Aukki who delivered two OEM (same part number as the ones with Volvo logo) wind deflectors today! Pics will follow when the rain will stop and I'll get some time to install those on to the car. :)

-Marko

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 06 Sep 2009 10:57 pm

Fuse wrote:Huge thanks to Aukki who delivered two OEM (same part number as the ones with Volvo logo) wind deflectors today! Pics will follow when the rain will stop and I'll get some time to install those on to the car. :)

-Marko
i didnt know volvo DID deflectors.
i thought they were all aftermarket affairs.

good find Aukki!
and well bought Marko!

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 06 Sep 2009 11:03 pm

Yeah I've got one deflector with VOLVO logo on it. Those two deflectors delivered by Aukki have AIRPRESS logo on them but the part number is same as in the one with VOLVO logo on so I think AIRPRESS is the manufacturer which made the deflectors for Volvo also.

I also found out that Aukki has electric mirrors and windows for 300-series too so those might switch owners too in near future.. :D

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 26 Sep 2009 10:40 pm

Some weird electronical parts have been laying on my desk for few days.. MegaSq.... something.. 8)

Waiting for a better soldering station maybe? ;)

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 27 Sep 2009 10:22 am

Megasquirt eh?
Sounds interesting. 8)

tommysb

Post by tommysb » 27 Sep 2009 01:06 pm

Fuse wrote:Some weird electronical parts have been laying on my desk for few days.. MegaSq.... something.. 8)

Waiting for a better soldering station maybe? ;)
Joy!

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 06 Aug 2010 07:27 pm

Hello.

No major updates, though I have been clocking some kilometers with GLT as I'm working and staying at different city for weekdays, so I've been driving between my place and work at weekends (this is also the reason why I haven't been so active on the forum lately, I've been working quite long hours).

I have relocated the battery to the trunk though, some pics will follow later. This will make up room nicely in the engine compartment so I can tidy up things there a bit more.

I also pulled out the turbo about a month ago and replaced a leaking gasket and all nuts and bolts. I'll be pulling it out soon some time in the future as I do have some manifold plans.

I've also sandblasted some of the rust spots under the car and painted those with 2comp. epoxy primer + 2comp. polyurethane industrial paint, should do the trick. 8)

Car's been working great even though I've done quite a lot of driving. Main fuel pump relay failed few days ago. I didn't have time to get a new one at that time so I soldered it to working condition with jump wires and drove 300km with that untill I had time to go and grab a new one from the parts shop. :D

One CV-joint had also come almost loose. :shock: Luckily I do regular checkups at the car lift so I noticed that.. I don't know why that happened but bolts at the co-driver's side CV-joint on the diff side were ~5mm loose and joint itself was almost loose also. Maybe it's the "spirited driving" I've been doing on some gravel roads and open diff, who knows.. Well that's sorted out also now. :P It's always bad if half-shaft comes loose on highway, I've experienced that too. :D

Megasquirt is waiting and waits later till fall when the car isn't needed for daily driving again.

Side window wind deflectors which Aukki provided are also in place now and those look great. 8) Some pics will follow also later.

-Marko

Fuse

Post by Fuse » 29 Sep 2010 01:58 am

Back home! So I started to assemble the Megasquirt today. I soldered it to the point where I can test the serial connection. It seems to be working. :P (Finally some use for the old and slow laptop with a working serial connection. Good thing I didn't sell that :P)

I'll assemble the rest of the board tomorrow. I have to get to get some casing for the board and connectors for the harness.

The messy board right to the Mega board is the Stimulator. I didn't wan't to spend time doing any proper circuit board for it so I just assembled it on to the protoboard with some jump wires. Looks like crap but as long as it works (which it does) it's fine because it's only needed couple times while assembling the board. :D

Of course the working space is the apartment's kitchen/bar table.. :D

slideway

Post by slideway » 01 Oct 2010 11:27 pm

great volvo, lovely red! so glad you posted the pics of the common rusty spot on the windscreen area, my volvo 360 has a leak coming into the footwell, i now know where to look.. im going to need alot of weld and alot of filler :(