Andy P's Project....SOLD!

For drift/rally/builds cars projects, engine conversions etc...
Describe your plans, project(s) evolution, works progress and final result!
LostKen

Re: Andy P's Project....SOLD!

Post by LostKen » 13 Jan 2010 01:58 am

Andy P wrote:Last I heard T2 had been sold on by "luffy" due to lack of time to actually use the car properly.

I've contacted him to see if the new owner is a forum user (either here or Driftworks etc) so I can keep an eye on the car. Really missing it now - if I can ever find it and I have the funds available I'll be looking to buy it back....

I did do a quick search on the dvla and the car has been retaxed since I sold it and isn't due for a while so I can only assume its still being used on the road which is good news :) Only bad thing is that its the wrong person behind the wheel :(
I have always been here mate, but I rarely speak lol
The car is mint, but there were a few problems after I bought it :lol:
Like the ecu disconnecting and the car died while I was driving, took me loads of time to find it out
And lacking Lamda sensor means it get so lummpy during cold start :cry: :cry: might sort it out later

Welded the diff up but it has broken b4 Xmas and now sitting outside until I have time and money to sort the diff out again!

Anyway it is a great car though!!Love it so much
340pw

Andy P

Post by Andy P » 13 Jan 2010 10:17 am

Fantastic! Its great to see the car again :)

There were a few things that I wanted to get done to the car that I never got round to doing, tidying up the loom was one of them, fitting a lambda sensor etc.... just general odds and sods. I just never had the time to finish it all to a standard that I was happy with.

As the car was being used as our daily I had to get another more comfortable car because the Mrs has got a bit of a bad back - you'll know already that the car isn't too bad back friendly! The 340 then had to get sold to pay off the loan on the new car :(

There was a rubber seal that was missing from the intake when I sold it to craig that had been temporarly "fixed" with leccy tape until I found the seal somewhere in my workshop. I found it the other day if you're still missing it.

The larger pipe from the swirl pot to fuel pump isn't proper fuel pipe (its high grade but not really suitable for fuel). Keep an eye on it as after time it may become perished and leak. Was meaning to replace it with a proper hose - another one of them jobs...

I was planning on making a new inlet manifold from scratch so the one thats on there was only meant to be a temporary measure. I assume its holding up ok?

Its great to see the car is still in good hands. A few more pics of it would be good :)

Oh, and if you ever want to pass on the car - let me know first!

Andy

LostKen

Post by LostKen » 13 Jan 2010 05:01 pm

Andy P wrote:Fantastic! Its great to see the car again :)

There were a few things that I wanted to get done to the car that I never got round to doing, tidying up the loom was one of them, fitting a lambda sensor etc.... just general odds and sods. I just never had the time to finish it all to a standard that I was happy with.

As the car was being used as our daily I had to get another more comfortable car because the Mrs has got a bit of a bad back - you'll know already that the car isn't too bad back friendly! The 340 then had to get sold to pay off the loan on the new car :(

There was a rubber seal that was missing from the intake when I sold it to craig that had been temporarly "fixed" with leccy tape until I found the seal somewhere in my workshop. I found it the other day if you're still missing it.

The larger pipe from the swirl pot to fuel pump isn't proper fuel pipe (its high grade but not really suitable for fuel). Keep an eye on it as after time it may become perished and leak. Was meaning to replace it with a proper hose - another one of them jobs...

I was planning on making a new inlet manifold from scratch so the one thats on there was only meant to be a temporary measure. I assume its holding up ok?

Its great to see the car is still in good hands. A few more pics of it would be good :)

Andy
Hi mate,

It would be great if you can send me the rubber seal that was missing from the intake :D
The inlet manifold is holding up ok so everything is fine atm=]

the first thing I need to fix will be the diff as it has broken and need to weld it up again :lol:
I will definitely take good care of the car, so dont worry!
Will let you know if I am decide to let her go!

Anyway, do u know if the car is running a 1.4 diff or a 1.7 diff? I might need to find another diff as the current one might screwed up already =[

Cheers

Ken

:340: :340: :340:

Andy P

Post by Andy P » 13 Jan 2010 05:28 pm

It had a 1400 diff in it. Its definately the best diff for the car as its geared shorter so better for acceleration. The 1700 diff is longer and better for cruising.

Pm me your address and I'll see if I can dig the seal out and send it off to you :)

Its great to see that the car still has an interior. IMO it should be kept. In these cars they weigh next to nothing and you'll gain nothing but noise from taking it all out.

Andy

SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by SteveP » 13 Jan 2010 06:05 pm

Andy P wrote:Its great to see that the car still has an interior. IMO it should be kept. In these cars they weigh next to nothing and you'll gain nothing but noise from taking it all out.
Totally agree and lovely car still!

Why not do a 2.0 16v project 340 Andy? Keep the soft suspension for comfort :D
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux

Andy P

Post by Andy P » 13 Jan 2010 06:25 pm

Don't even tempt me Steve!!!

I've got an ongoing project with the S40 which might interest some of you. In a nutshell - Saab 2.3 turbo engine, getrag265, mitsu Evo rear running gear, holset HX40 and 600rwhp :wink:

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 13 Jan 2010 07:12 pm

Andy P wrote:Don't even tempt me Steve!!!

I've got an ongoing project with the S40 which might interest some of you. In a nutshell - Saab 2.3 turbo engine, getrag265, mitsu Evo rear running gear, holset HX40 and 600rwhp :wink:
600 who on the whatnow?? :shock:
Pics demanded. :wink:

Paula

Post by Paula » 13 Jan 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Ken & Andy,

I am glad that I enquired about Trundle 2.

It's good to know that she is still going strong and is in good hands..... 340pw

Like you Andy, I wish that I had never sold the car to my next door neighbour who ruined the engine...... :cry:

With the weather that we have been having recently, I would have never had any problem using her as my other two cars don't go out on salty roads.

Volvo's built cars back then that go on forever providing they are looked after well...... 8)

So at present, I hitch a lift in Richard's 1993 Volvo 940SE that has done nearly half a million miles on the original engine, gearbox and clutch..... :D

I look forward to hearing lots more on T2's progress.

Take care guys

Paula

PS. I love the interior .... sm4

PPS. Ken, do you still have the Mazda MX-5? I have a 1997 MX-6 .... :D

See fotos below
Attachments
DSC01312RR.JPG
MX-6 - Dec 12th 2007
DSC01312RR.JPG (126.7 KiB) Viewed 15503 times
DSC06074RR.JPG
T2 leaving home - December 6th 2008
DSC06074RR.JPG (136.58 KiB) Viewed 15504 times
DSC05954RR.JPG
T2 - December 3rd 2008
DSC05954RR.JPG (131.71 KiB) Viewed 15504 times
DSC09765RR.JPG
Richard's Volvo 940SE - January 13th 2010
DSC09765RR.JPG (105.46 KiB) Viewed 15504 times

Tom bailey

Post by Tom bailey » 13 Jan 2010 11:28 pm

what seats are in that rather tasty 300 ? :D

LostKen

Post by LostKen » 14 Jan 2010 12:05 am

THose seats came from Scoob WRX, according to Andy's post lol

Yes I still have the Mx-5, but she is not in UK :lol:

I got a photo similar to yours when the car was on the trailer, but thats when the rear windscreen was broken :oops:

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 14 Jan 2010 08:20 am

That car has never looked right on a trailer.

Paula

Post by Paula » 14 Jan 2010 09:46 am

Hi Ken,

I love the MX-5.

Did someone try to steal the rather nice large Pioneer speakers that I had fitted to the rear parcel shelf?

They are brilliant units and the base can shake the whole car .... :lol:

I also upgraded the front speakers.

Andy P

Post by Andy P » 14 Jan 2010 10:11 am

volvosneverdie wrote: 600 who on the whatnow?? :shock:
Pics demanded. :wink:
:lol: There is a project thread on DW but not too much has happened yet. I've got 80% of the bits and I was meaning to make a good start on it over the xmas hols but then I decided I'd go down with swine flu instead :(
Paula wrote:Hi Ken & Andy,

I am glad that I enquired about Trundle 2.

It's good to know that she is still going strong and is in good hands..... 340pw

Like you Andy, I wish that I had never sold the car to my next door neighbour who ruined the engine...... :cry:
I'm happy to know that the car is in safe hands now (not knowing who had the car worried me for some reason lol ) Its strange, this car has so much attraction to it - everyone that sees it falls in love with it, a lot of which is probably down to the care you took to keep the car as mint as it is today.

It is sad that your neighbour managed to kill off the original engine but if you think about it, it may have never come my way if it was still operational and had the 16v treatment that the car deserved.
Tom bailey wrote:what seats are in that rather tasty 300 ? :D
They're WRX seats - very supportive and comfortable and the colour was perfect for the car. Simply welded down to the original volvo seat runners. They look like they've been there since the car left the factory.

Ahhh I'm so happy the car is owned by a forum member :)

Andy

Paula

Post by Paula » 14 Jan 2010 01:13 pm

Hi Andy,

That's true what you say about the engine and the Clio unit is a much better replacement.

Take care and hope you are feeling much better now.

Paula

LostKen

Post by LostKen » 18 Jan 2010 04:38 pm

Andy P wrote:Fantastic! Its great to see the car again :)

Andy

Just started my car today and found that all the radiator coolant is coming out from the tube here

Larger pic of the area, this pic was taken ages ago,,,seems there is a white tube in there that is missing now??

I tried to get some water into the reserve bottle and all the coolant came out on the tube...
Is there anything missing in there??

:x :x :x

Also the fan behind the radiator is not working at the moment, but sometimes it does....any problems with it???

Ken