Cap over front wheel bearing.

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
Muddy Ground

Cap over front wheel bearing.

Post by Muddy Ground » 08 Jul 2011 07:39 pm

Does anybody know of an alternative wheel bearing grease cap? The garage lost mine and the car's no good without one. Prepared to buy a whole stub axle if needs be!

Phil

magnumpi

Re: Cap over front wheel bearing.

Post by magnumpi » 08 Jul 2011 10:38 pm

If this is a proper garage you paid to do the job and not just a mate in his lockup, i'd suggest you MAKE them obtain a new one for you as it's not something they should just forget to put back on and loose.

As for alternatives maybe a deodorant lid or something similar would fit, but i'd only see it as a temp fix to stop water getting in.
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

Evoman

Post by Evoman » 08 Jul 2011 11:14 pm

magnumpi wrote:If this is a proper garage you paid to do the job and not just a mate in his lockup, i'd suggest you MAKE them obtain a new one for you as it's not something they should just forget to put back on and loose.

As for alternatives maybe a deodorant lid or something similar would fit, but i'd only see it as a temp fix to stop water getting in.
+1 they havnt finished the job

Muddy Ground

Post by Muddy Ground » 09 Jul 2011 06:44 am

Hi,

sure they've not finished the job - they are now but the sticking point is the bloomin' cap. They've got the car back, and are replacing the bearing but without the cap that's it isn't it? I'm not going to pay for the work, but I can see that neither am I going to get the car back! Hence why I'm after a replacement via you good people.

PIJ