Poly ARB bushes fitting...

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
sammysideways

Poly ARB bushes fitting...

Post by sammysideways » 23 Sep 2011 11:07 pm

Anyone fitted Dai's poly droplink and anti rollbar to body bushes?

Firstly the drop link bushes that sit on the ends of the arbs, Whats the easiest way of removing the old ones? Also is it just one bush each end or two? im pressuming its one but just want to be sure.

Secondly the anti roll bar to body bushes, how do you get them over the ends of the arb where the drop links sit as there much wider? The bushes i have dont have the split in like the standard bush, that correct? No real hardship as ill take a hacksaw to it. Also is there a thinner arb on some volvo 300s as the bush seems to small in diameter.

Just for the record this is not me slating dai/his products as im more than happy with them. Just dont wanna start modifying bushes if they do actually fit.

volvodspec

Re: Poly ARB bushes fitting...

Post by volvodspec » 24 Sep 2011 04:19 pm

easyest way to remove those arb bushes is pushing them out with a large screwdriver

mounting the droplinks is easy from top down; large washer, bush, the arb, bush, large washer, spacer, large washer, bush, wishbone, bush, large washer.

i wouldn't reccomend cutting the wishbone bushes in half, they fit like a glove. pull them in with a large socket and a bit of grease; and place the steel insert in after that

sammysideways

Re: Poly ARB bushes fitting...

Post by sammysideways » 24 Sep 2011 11:12 pm

No id never chop wishbone bush, was refering to the arb to body bush.