lowering blocks troubles

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
frazeb

lowering blocks troubles

Post by frazeb » 30 Mar 2012 07:18 pm

iv ordered lowering blocks off sammysideways over 3 weeks ago now and they still havent arrived, hes saying its my fault that i havent recieved them and that hes posted them and he doesnt have to give me a refund because i didnt pay extra for tracking. he said hes asked on here and told me everyones on his side. so i just thought i would make a post and see what everyone thinks?

sammysideways

Re: lowering blocks troubles

Post by sammysideways » 30 Mar 2012 07:34 pm

See for yourself

http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/v ... =2&t=13361

I havent once said that its your fault you havent recieved them so id like you to edit your post please as thats a lie. All i said was that you never paid any extra or asked to have them recorded delevery. I never said it was your fault. I have proof of postage are you seriously telling me that its my fault you havent recieved them and i should foot the bill?

frazeb

Post by frazeb » 30 Mar 2012 07:48 pm

youre making it out as if its my fault. im definalty not a scammer i bought something off volvosneverdie the other day and when they arrived i even sent him a message saying they had. the face that i ordered the 3 and a half weeks ago and your telling me you only posted them friday i mean your life show is shambles

sammysideways

Post by sammysideways » 30 Mar 2012 07:55 pm

And i apolagised to you for the delay. Im happy to admit that it has taken me a long time, I do have a reason behind it but your right i shouldnt sell something before i go to sea BUT I thought i was being helpfull as you posted in the wanted section.
I havent once said it was your fault so already your lieing, All I said was that you never asked for recorded delevery, infact you left me to pay the paypal fees which i let slide. Ive sent the item and have a reciept to prove this, Im not willing to take the blame if a)your lieing/scamming or b)posty worker has walked off/misplaced your package.

have you even chased it up your end??...no i bet!

classicswede
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by classicswede » 30 Mar 2012 11:00 pm

Why do you not scan and post up/email the proof of postage.
Dai

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk

http://www.classicswede.com

phone/text 07824887160

Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 31 Mar 2012 12:21 am

Ladies, handbags away. No one wants to read this on the forum!! :|

sammysideways

Post by sammysideways » 31 Mar 2012 08:52 am

Im happy to do that....Once im back on dry land and can sort this out!!

Im getting pissed off though witrh his reluctance to help himself, if it was me id be checking my local sorting office before kicking up a massive fuss. For all he knows it could be sat there waiting to be picked up.

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 31 Mar 2012 06:44 pm

We really dont get many problems between members on here, so Im always sad when I see stuff like this.

You both seem like good sorts, so it seems Royal Fail are to blame. Which shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.
I once sent an OMP wheel and boss second class to kds19 in Aberdeen (value £75). He never recieved it (I took his word of that ). I made a claim to Royal Fail and after a month they refunded me the £8 postage. They said they wouldnt refund the value of the goods as I hadnt submitted purchase reciepts with my claim (I didnt know I had to.)

The upshot was, I had to refund the forum member £75 out of my pocket and learn a valuable lesson.
Charge for recorded postage.
Always keep reciepts.

I hope yous manage to sort this out, because you both seem like good lads. Although I cant see how you will, without someone losing out.

But like I say, theres not much point in you two biting at each other, as its most likely all Royal Fails fault.

frazeb

Post by frazeb » 02 Apr 2012 03:44 pm

the blocks have arrived now they must have gotr delayed in the post or something but there the wrong size. great

frazeb

Post by frazeb » 02 Apr 2012 03:45 pm

wait there had them the rong way they are right. wasnt sammysideways fault the post had done something with them there was writting by the post office on the parcel

macplaxton

Post by macplaxton » 03 Apr 2012 01:24 am

Glad it's all sorted. 340pw

There's a lesson in there for both parties.

My top tips:
1) Check the postal address with the RM website and clearly address it in the correct format, including the post / zip code*:

Title / Name / Company
(House name) / (flat number)
(Street number) / Road
(sometimes the area)
POST TOWN IN CAPITALS
Postcode

e.g.:

Mr Joe Bloggs
26 Main Street
ANYTOWN
AN1 2BC

Mr J Bloggs
Bloggs Cottage
Main Street
Local Area
ANYTOWN
AN1 2BC

2) Always put a return address including postcode on the envelope/package.
3) Always put an address / return address inside the package (should for any reason the outside markings become illegible).
4) Get a receipt or certificate of posting (free) from the PO when sending if choosing not to insure**. Alternatively send Recorded Signed-For / Special Delivery and cover for the appropriate amount.
5) Tell the recipient when to expect it / give them the tracking number.

*Except when sending stuff to the (Republic of) Ireland as we done have 'em. :roll:
**I choose not to insure lower value stuff sometimes (self-insuring) and understand it'll be out of my own pocket if it all goes Pete Tong.
72 DAF 44 Estate 78 Volvo 343DL Black BeautyImageImage
82 Volvo 343DL CVTImageImage 88 Volvo 340DL Diesel