PAS

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
jon-ovlov

Re: PAS

Post by jon-ovlov » 12 Jun 2012 08:55 pm

Weld the diff and 40PSI + in the rear tyres will help a lot. You should be fine with the 1.7, just watch for fuel starvation, as this can occur when the fuel tank is under half full.

Just get to somewhere with a massive open tarmac space (like Snata Pod) and get practicing. Nothing to really crash into there, so you can get the gist and feel how your car handles. :D
Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.

Benfraser

Post by Benfraser » 12 Jun 2012 09:23 pm

Weld the diff and 40PSI + in the rear tyres will help a lot. You should be fine with the 1.7, just watch for fuel starvation, as this can occur when the fuel tank is under half full.

Just get to somewhere with a massive open tarmac space (like Snata Pod) and get practicing. Nothing to really crash into there, so you can get the gist and feel how your car handles.
Yeah i'm not driving till the end of the year then i'll be on it! You go to the drift what ya brung days?

Ben..

jon-ovlov

Post by jon-ovlov » 12 Jun 2012 09:52 pm

Fair enough. You not got a licence yet then? or just not driving the ovlov at the mo? I try to go to pod yeah, only been to one though, in Jan. Uni, several cars, having a very busy summer as well as being in Bristol get in the way. It is fantastic though, but it's a fair bit in fuel because of the distance.
Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.

wiganer31

Post by wiganer31 » 13 Jun 2012 01:21 am

you will need more than 40 in the rears lol, im hopeing to take the turbo to pod at sometime

macplaxton

Post by macplaxton » 13 Jun 2012 03:48 am

jon-ovlov wrote:Fair enough. You not got a licence yet then? or just not driving the ovlov at the mo?
He may or may not have a licence. I suspect he isn't licence to drive a car yet being 16. I had a provisional when I was 16, but it was only good for a moped!
72 DAF 44 Estate 78 Volvo 343DL Black BeautyImageImage
82 Volvo 343DL CVTImageImage 88 Volvo 340DL Diesel

Benfraser

Post by Benfraser » 13 Jun 2012 01:45 pm

Fair enough. You not got a licence yet then? or just not driving the ovlov at the mo? I try to go to pod yeah, only been to one though, in Jan. Uni, several cars, having a very busy summer as well as being in Bristol get in the way. It is fantastic though, but it's a fair bit in fuel because of the distance.
Yeah like someone else said i havent got a license yet :( But the ovlov will be out sooooon :twisted: Should go pod when its out!

Ben..

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 14 Jun 2012 01:37 am

Benfraser wrote:
Yeah like someone else said i havent got a license yet :( But the ovlov will be out sooooon :twisted: Should go pod when its out!

Ben..
I'm only down to the road in Rochester, i'll drive it for you ;) haha

Your gonna have a pretty cool car once its done by the sounds of it :) Dont worry about the 1.7, Nev, driftmoto - used to drift 1.7s all the time, a 1.7 was even used in the BDC or Eurodrift or whatever it was called a while back to great effect i believe? Here's a video for example :) Nev in his old white one up laker road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXq4EaV0tFk

Thomas...................................

Benfraser

Post by Benfraser » 14 Jun 2012 03:17 pm

I'm only down to the road in Rochester, i'll drive it for you haha

Your gonna have a pretty cool car once its done by the sounds of it Dont worry about the 1.7, Nev, driftmoto - used to drift 1.7s all the time, a 1.7 was even used in the BDC or Eurodrift or whatever it was called a while back to great effect i believe? Here's a video for example Nev in his old white one up laker road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXq4EaV0tFk

Thomas...................................
Hahaha when i am driving we will have to go somewhere :)

I am looking forward to it! Should be looking pretty good by the time its actually on the road. Also that 340 drifts easily in the wet i'm sure they are fine!

Ben..

charlieog1243

Post by charlieog1243 » 15 Jun 2012 01:43 am

1.7 are awesome fun sideways :P i loved mine :D just weld the diff and plenty of air in the rears. 340pw

Benfraser

Post by Benfraser » 15 Jun 2012 04:28 pm

1.7 are awesome fun sideways i loved mine just weld the diff and plenty of air in the rears.
Yess! can not wait!

Ben..