Lowering front correctly

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
Marius98

Lowering front correctly

Post by Marius98 » 28 Jun 2015 09:42 am

Hello! I found a 360 for sale, which I'm buying next week, but it has a problem: the front jumps because of short springs (M-Benz). How could I fix the problem? Where can I find good lowering springs? Some say that MR2 rear springs and EP90 in shocks would be okay, but are there any other ways? Thanks for info!

360beast

Re: Lowering front correctly

Post by 360beast » 28 Jun 2015 03:53 pm

Putting stiffer oil in the front dampers would make it even bouncier therefore less control over the car.

You can get lowering springs from Dai off here his website is http://www.classicswede.com

For the dampers standard ones won't be as safe as shortened dampers which are also available from Dai or you can get them from Gaz directly.

The shortened dampers are for safety as when they are at full extension if you go for 2 or 3" lowering springs then the spring can become uncaptive.

Marius98

Post by Marius98 » 28 Jun 2015 05:02 pm

360beast wrote:Putting stiffer oil in the front dampers would make it even bouncier therefore less control over the car.

You can get lowering springs from Dai off here his website is http://www.classicswede.com

For the dampers standard ones won't be as safe as shortened dampers which are also available from Dai or you can get them from Gaz directly.

The shortened dampers are for safety as when they are at full extension if you go for 2 or 3" lowering springs then the spring can become uncaptive.
Would lowering springs from Dai be okay with original Volvo shocks? Because right now my budget is limited, so I want something cheaper..

360beast

Post by 360beast » 28 Jun 2015 06:15 pm

To an extent yes but you would still be risking the springs becoming uncaptive if you hit a bump hard enough for the dampers to fully extend.