increase steering lock?

Front axle, springs, shock absorbers, wheels, bearings, calipers, drums...
Tuning: suspension, discs, alloys upgrade...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
racing-street

Re: increase steering lock?

Post by racing-street » 11 Mar 2009 08:11 pm

thanks that was the answer i was looking for !! jejeje becouse whit more sterring lock we can correct better when we are going to make a spin and drifting we can increase the angle which means in a competicion more points!! thanks
something similar i have got done in my 200sx s13
:360:

-x-salmon-x-

Post by -x-salmon-x- » 12 Mar 2009 12:25 am

a way we are doing in a friends jap drift car is where the steering rack joins to the knuckles we are re drilling the hole further back which allows for quicker lock (to the original position) and further lock beyond normal but we are having to weld some extra plates on the knuckle to make it stronger. i believe this mod is also possibly achievable on the 300's as we are looking at doing it to mine in the near future. but it takes a while to play with it and see how much it can be moved and whether it knocks in the arches or suspension and so on... but can always move the wheel out further with spacers. :)

Ovlov 3.6L

Post by Ovlov 3.6L » 12 Mar 2009 05:41 pm

Notice that if you increase your steerlock, the tyres will touch the reaction-rods. The best solution is to decrease the tyre-diameter or increase the length of the wishbones.