JDM arches

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
valman

JDM arches

Post by valman » 06 Sep 2010 06:57 pm

anyone fitted these to their volvo? or has pictures of volvo with said JDM arches?

cheers :wink:
ImageImage

magnumpi

Re: JDM arches

Post by magnumpi » 06 Sep 2010 11:06 pm

I believe it's been done, but unless the finish is done to a very high standard it looks pretty pants i reckon, plus you'll need some really wide rims to actually warrant them in the first place.
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

valman

Post by valman » 06 Sep 2010 11:12 pm

magnumpi wrote:I believe it's been done, but unless the finish is done to a very high standard it looks pretty pants i reckon, plus you'll need some really wide rims to actually warrant them in the first place.
reckon 13x10 wellers will do the trick? :twisted:
ImageImage

magnumpi

Post by magnumpi » 07 Sep 2010 01:34 am

valman wrote:
magnumpi wrote:I believe it's been done, but unless the finish is done to a very high standard it looks pretty pants i reckon, plus you'll need some really wide rims to actually warrant them in the first place.
reckon 13x10 wellers will do the trick? :twisted:

Depends what you mean by do the trick?

If you simply mean will fill the arches, then yes they will infact they'll stick out past.
If on the other hand you still want a it to be semi-driveable i wouldn't go that wide.

Shock horror, as cool as Minilites look, the offset is so far off the standard rims, that i don't think they make the handling any better at all. Yes better grip, as more rubber contact, but it throws the geometry out, mine "skits" through pot holes and the like as it is.

Anyway, your car your choice, but it will take a LOT of work to make them fit properly.

Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

Jonofdoom

Post by Jonofdoom » 12 Sep 2010 04:02 pm

I'd like to see it done and reckon you're the man to do it.. Curiousface.

L14MNP

Post by L14MNP » 12 Sep 2010 04:16 pm

It's something I have been considering for mine. i do like old JDM stuff, but it isn't realisitic for me ATM. So the Volvo kinda fills the void lol. (kinda

As said though, you need the right wheels - and arches!
STREETO WITHDRAWL
INTO BURNOUTSsince1982

valman

Post by valman » 13 Sep 2010 06:05 pm

How wide are those steel dude :shock: im not worried about handling issues, even though i mentioned i want a car to handle like its on rails, IF it looks good then its a sacrifice to make.
having a car that looks how i want > good handling + possibility of being nicked for "enthusiastic" driving

Jonofdoom wrote:I'd like to see it done and reckon you're the man to do it.. Curiousface.
hehe i might have to be the first then, just trying to sort a job out atm (living at college) and thats taking all of my money, applied for about 12 in the past week, will see how it goes as then it will be 13x10 wellers redrilled properly to fit 4x100 and some arches :D - getting a bit of rust on the drivers rear arch so might (read unlikely) solve the rust hole issue too

L14MNP im also a big fan of old J tin which is why i got a 300 - just a cheapish version of the ae86 (nothing like one but i tell myself so) so would love to fit some bolt on arches
ImageImage

magnumpi

Post by magnumpi » 13 Sep 2010 08:37 pm

valman wrote:How wide are those steel dude :shock: im not worried about handling issues, even though i mentioned i want a car to handle like its on rails, IF it looks good then its a sacrifice to make.
having a car that looks how i want > good handling + possibility of being nicked for "enthusiastic" driving

My banded steels are 13x10 which is the same size Wellers your were thinking of getting reight, it was to show how far they stick out. They were made for an Oval racing stockcar so stick out load, however if you got them custom done to your own spec there is a lot of room at the back if you don't want that much poke.

Someone must have a pic of that matt black saloon with fiberglass arches gaffer tapped onto it, it'd give you a rough idea of how it looks.

valman

Post by valman » 13 Sep 2010 09:18 pm

oh they look sweet 8) just need more rubber on them i think - 205/60 stretched over them would look nice (yes im for killing nuns at bus stops with stupid amounts of stretch and the like) then the arch would complete the look. gah i really want to hear back from one of the places i applied for as i NEED to do this :twisted:
ImageImage

ty360volvo

Post by ty360volvo » 14 Aug 2012 09:39 am

i know its been a while but wondering if it went any where?
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Jak

Post by Jak » 14 Aug 2012 10:10 pm

few people have done it.

Some one has fitting forest arches to