Central lock motors

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
mattywatsit

Central lock motors

Post by mattywatsit » 20 May 2011 09:48 pm

Hi Everyone.

I have my door stripped down currently, i had the central lock motor out today and it is knackered.

This leads me to the question can i only use a 340/360 or Citroen BX central locking motor or are there other motors/solenoids that i could use?

I am hoping to replace the motor tomorrow before i rebuild the inside of the door and i don't think there are any 340/360's being broken up here or BX's for that matter.

Thanks for your help.

Matt.

lewy

Re: Central lock motors

Post by lewy » 17 Aug 2011 01:14 pm

hi Matt,
had the same prob in my 340 1991,
if yours is a big rectagular black shape i got one from a LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 300 DOOR LOCKING MOTOR 2 WIRE on ebay only the other day.
dont know what year it was though, all i had to do was swap the connectors over and fit it.
happy days :lol:
lewy.
this cvt project drives me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattywatsit

Re: Central lock motors

Post by mattywatsit » 17 Aug 2011 06:12 pm

lewy wrote:hi Matt,
had the same prob in my 340 1991,
if yours is a big rectagular black shape i got one from a LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 300 DOOR LOCKING MOTOR 2 WIRE on ebay only the other day.
dont know what year it was though, all i had to do was swap the connectors over and fit it.
happy days :lol:
lewy.

Happy days mate! I got a brand new one off eBay eventually but I had to modify the original volvo connection to spayed connectors - works well though :D

Cheers for the reply too - this should be helpful to others id imagine.