Rear light cluster lens replacement?

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
Nosher

Rear light cluster lens replacement?

Post by Nosher » 01 Sep 2011 08:12 am

Hey all

I recently acquired a set of all-red rear light clusters for my 340 project, which I plan to fit as soon as possible. However, there is one thing that is bugging me about them.
One of the lenses on the cluster has cracked (the one for the brake light I think?), but then been glued back together, however it is really obvious it is cracked. (see pictures below)
Is there any way I can use the lens off of my standard light cluster and swap it for the broken one, to make one decent unit out of the two?

All red rear lights (and bonnet pins, yay!)

You can see the crack a bit better in this pic

L14MNP

Re: Rear light cluster lens replacement?

Post by L14MNP » 02 Sep 2011 10:29 pm

I cut out the indicator lense and glued it to another cluster once. IMO you're better off just buying some more red tint spray and doing a non-cracked set though.
STREETO WITHDRAWL
INTO BURNOUTSsince1982

Attack2001

Post by Attack2001 » 11 Sep 2011 12:13 am

Get a blade, and cut around the edge of the ones on your car, pop off the lense, glue it onto the red set, and it'l be sorted :) Or you could simply pop the clear lenses out of your ones, pop the red ones out of those, and glue the red ones into the ones on your car :) Then give me the clear lenses :P

Nosher

Post by Nosher » 14 Sep 2011 04:27 pm

thats what im thinking of doing, now its just a case of finding time to get down to the lock-up to work on the Lolvo!