Rear fog lights not working

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
alf

Rear fog lights not working

Post by alf » 17 Jan 2012 03:58 pm

Hi everyone.
Can you tell me how are connected the wires for rear fog lights? In order to work it is neccesary to have the ignition on, the low beam on or something? The previous owner did a crappy job at the rear electric system, and 3 wires are hanging in the air.
Thanks.
the early bird gets the worm
`87 B200E on LPG grey GLT aka Time Machine

wiganer31

Re: Rear fog lights not working

Post by wiganer31 » 18 Jan 2012 02:13 am

are the lights earthed? maybe the loose wires are earths?

cheers

alf

Post by alf » 18 Jan 2012 02:23 pm

All the rest of the lights are working fine, but the fog ones...I don`t know what i must do to get "signal" on the wires, that`s why i asked what are the conditions - ignition on, low beam on. Of course, the switch is turned on, and it seems that is a relay connected to the switch wires (the relay is good).
the early bird gets the worm
`87 B200E on LPG grey GLT aka Time Machine

CBA

Post by CBA » 22 Jan 2012 02:30 pm

Turn hedlights on full, ignition on, turn foglights on.

Take a bulb, ground the body of the bulb to metal in the boot, try each of your 3 wires on the + terminal of the bulb, when it lights up you have your fog wire.. make sure it is the fog wire by ensuring it doesnt come on with this wire when the foglight switch is turned off.

:wink:

if it doesn't work.. run a wire from the foglight relay/switch output direct to the bulb holder.