Front wings moulding

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
jon-ovlov

Front wings moulding

Post by jon-ovlov » 02 Oct 2012 03:38 pm

Hey guys. Just putting the word out to let you know I've begun work on some front wings, prepping them for moulds and in the end making fibreglass/carbon fibre panels. I've made things before from both, but nothing this serious. If they come out ok, I'll be able to make the wings on demand for people if they want them. No idea on price yet, as once I make them I'll have an idea of how long it takes and how much material/resin they use, and will price accordingly. Do let me know if you're interested, I can get an idea then of numbers.

I'm use MK2 wings atm, but these can be adapted to suit MK3s I'm sure. I'm yet to look at the differences, but by the looks of things they're minimal. If anyone can shed light on the differences that'd be great! The wings are as good as I could get, few blemishes but nothing bad. They'll be made to a very high standard, but like I said, if they are good enough, I'll make them. Otherwise I'll keep trying until I perfect them.
Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.

Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: Front wings moulding

Post by Chris_C » 02 Oct 2012 04:40 pm

Differences are holes in the wing. The dimensions for all hole locations I *think* are on here, if not I'm pretty certain I have them in service leaflet form.
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 02 Oct 2012 07:04 pm

Good news! If you need any help bud just give me a shout
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

Nimminz

Post by Nimminz » 02 Oct 2012 11:35 pm

interested depending on price, nice to see this happening, its been discussed a fair few times
'88 360 +T LSD - sold
'87 760 TDI (D24TIC) - sold
'04 V40 D sport (F9Q, decat, Remapped, launch control)
'89 740 SE (b230ft, 12psi, V-cam, headwork, 'remapped', banded steels)
'86 340 DL 1.4

olliehood

Post by olliehood » 15 Nov 2012 02:08 am

any update on the wings mate interested on price and a pair let me know mate cheers :)

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 21 Nov 2012 08:34 am

Might as well do bonnets too while youre there dude........... 8)

DanYellowHeadlights

Post by DanYellowHeadlights » 21 Nov 2012 07:39 pm

i will defo have some...could you PM me a rough price please bud...its for the race car ;)

jon-ovlov

Post by jon-ovlov » 22 Nov 2012 02:30 pm

Sorry guys been meaning to reply and update. Funnily enough VND im hopefully getting a bonnet off Liam! So ill finish the wings first and do the bonnet later as its a pretty big piece. Nice to know theres a fair bit of interest!

Progress is slow at the moment because of uni and much coursework. Wings are nearly finished, sprayed gloss black and last bit of sanding, then moulding can go ahead. Stil no real idea on pricing, but its not going to be taking the piss. Theyll be available in CF, which will be more pricey. Once I've done the moulds and made a set i can price up resin, hardener and cloth used, then give you a price. Theyll be made to order, while im still at uni so turnaround will be around 2-3 weeks as studies will still have to happen. Itd be a lot faster if i had the time of course! Summer should see me making them much quicker.
Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.

olliehood

Post by olliehood » 24 Nov 2012 04:57 pm

jon-ovlov wrote:Sorry guys been meaning to reply and update. Funnily enough VND im hopefully getting a bonnet off Liam! So ill finish the wings first and do the bonnet later as its a pretty big piece. Nice to know theres a fair bit of interest!

Progress is slow at the moment because of uni and much coursework. Wings are nearly finished, sprayed gloss black and last bit of sanding, then moulding can go ahead. Stil no real idea on pricing, but its not going to be taking the piss. Theyll be available in CF, which will be more pricey. Once I've done the moulds and made a set i can price up resin, hardener and cloth used, then give you a price. Theyll be made to order, while im still at uni so turnaround will be around 2-3 weeks as studies will still have to happen. Itd be a lot faster if i had the time of course! Summer should see me making them much quicker.
This is exciting stuff :) hopefully get rid of the rust problems :)