Heater controls

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
Benfraser

Heater controls

Post by Benfraser » 23 Jul 2013 10:28 pm

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the top slider is connected to as mine has stopped working and the air comes out of every vent and i cannot choose where it comes out, i.e windscreen, feet etc… The hot/cold slider works fine its just the blower position slider that does not. Any help?

Thanks ben….

Cliché Guevara

Re: Heater controls

Post by Cliché Guevara » 24 Jul 2013 12:47 am

If you are in a RHD car you neet to remove the fibre panel under the glove box.With a torch look at the area kindof behind where the stereo sits.There is a black plastic lever that alters where your air gets fed to (feet screen etc) That is where it should be atached.If it is still atached to the lever then follow it upwards. it should then be clamped to the heater box.If it is still clamped then keep following it,if you can. There is another clamp about 4 inches behind the slider if it is still atached then it has either failed at the slider, or the flap inside the heater box has spat it's dummy out.

Hope this helps

Benfraser

Re: Heater controls

Post by Benfraser » 24 Jul 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks mate helps a lot i'll have a look

Ben….