340 christmas tree special

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
olie30

340 christmas tree special

Post by olie30 » 01 Feb 2017 10:04 am

Hi all, iv read a thread or two about this but havent found a solution, can anyone help pleaseee. Brake pedal turns on my dip lights, a rear sidelight is too bright and other one is too dim, when I brake one brake sidelight goes off and one brake light comes on too bright. When i bought the car i cleaned all the earth bars, brass tags ect on the rear clusters and that sorted the rear light problem (which is now back again) but that never sorted the front light problem. Volvo said theres two rear bulb holders in existance, at some £80 each.. no thankyou!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated as the copper hangin out his window looking at the car the other night did not look happy :o

benji1985

Re: 340 christmas tree special

Post by benji1985 » 01 Feb 2017 11:39 am

olie30 wrote:Hi all, iv read a thread or two about this but havent found a solution, can anyone help pleaseee. Brake pedal turns on my dip lights, a rear sidelight is too bright and other one is too dim, when I brake one brake sidelight goes off and one brake light comes on too bright. When i bought the car i cleaned all the earth bars, brass tags ect on the rear clusters and that sorted the rear light problem (which is now back again) but that never sorted the front light problem. Volvo said theres two rear bulb holders in existance, at some £80 each.. no thankyou!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated as the copper hangin out his window looking at the car the other night did not look happy :o
sounds to me like a earth issue, but it would also check the fuse box, do you have a spare?

Ben

olie30

Post by olie30 » 01 Feb 2017 12:01 pm

Hi Ben, yeah it is earth thats the only thing i know, i just dont know where the other earths are, il clean up the rear clusters all over again later, but i need help identifying where all the other earths are so i can check them. Under dash ect. All fuses and relays are pristine

benji1985

Post by benji1985 » 01 Feb 2017 01:37 pm

olie30 wrote:Hi Ben, yeah it is earth thats the only thing i know, i just dont know where the other earths are, il clean up the rear clusters all over again later, but i need help identifying where all the other earths are so i can check them. Under dash ect. All fuses and relays are pristine
ok... earths
rear light are bolted in around that area
front lights are earth on the battery tray i believe
internal earths are near the back of the fuse box in what looks like a 4 spade connector

off the top of my head i think that is it,

also check the stalks and there is a earth wire bolted down there too

Ben

olie30

Post by olie30 » 04 Feb 2017 10:26 am

Thanks Ben, i will check the cabin earths some time but for now the brake lights are sorted. It was the dual element brake light bulb holder, the two brass connectors were touching. If anyone else ever has this problem check the connectors (: