Seat cover removal and head-rest restoration

Rust problems and repairs, leaky sunroof... Battery, starter, lights, fuses, airco, heating unit, stereo... | Tuning: custom spoilers & bodykits, fiberglass parts...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
Wonderbadger

Seat cover removal and head-rest restoration

Post by Wonderbadger » 18 Apr 2019 08:13 am

I've got a couple of jobs to do on my drivers seat and wondered if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction (I have searched unsuccessfully for answers).

The car is a 1.4DL with the blue interior, the headrests at first looked grubby to me but on closer inspection I wonder if the blue is just a painted coating and its rubbed through to the grey underneath? Can anyone confirm if the headrests are moulded in blue (ie should I just use something to clean the dirt off) or if different coloured headrests are achieved by spraying colour on top? If they are painted then are there any products suitable for restoring the original coating?

Secondly the top layer of foam on the base and back have seen better days so I'd like to get the covers off and put a suitable top layer back in - are there any guides of how to get the seat cover off or is it a pretty straight forward job of unclipping and pulling the covers off (does the seat have to be out for this?).

Thanks
Andy

benji1985

Re: Seat cover removal and head-rest restoration

Post by benji1985 » 18 Apr 2019 09:40 pm

Hey, to get covers off, just work you way around removing the hog rings (get new ones) separate seat back from base.
Look at my thread (duchess the cvt) I think I show how to do it.

Ben

MCHUDD
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: Seat cover removal and head-rest restoration

Post by MCHUDD » 21 Apr 2019 12:59 pm

Hi Andy.
You can get blue seats and head rests.
I have all blue in my 83GLS. Good luck.
CheersMark.
sm4 sm4 sm4 sm4