vario 340 1.4

B14, B172, B19/200, D16 engine, ignition, cooling, fuel & exhaust system, gearbox, variomatic, final drive... | Tuning: engine swaps, welded diff, clutch upgrades...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
thejackal01

vario 340 1.4

Post by thejackal01 » 18 Apr 2013 06:48 pm

a while ago now, i got a new kit from plaxton for the vario unit and fitted new transistor to the board for the control unit and straight away the problem of over revving was sorted....... the car now starts to over rev again!!!

as if stuck in overdrive.

sometimes it happens when i am am cruising along and then the revs pick up to silly amount and then it can die down to normal again after a few mins....

sometimes it stays like it untill i come to a complete stop, let the clutch disengage and set off again and then... it maybe ok anjd back to normal, or stays revving ??

could this be a fault with the throttle cable switch??? is this is what controls the kickdown function??

any info on this would of great help guys. i needs this to run correctly as its my daily car and dont want to get rid of it as i love it

nvdw

Re: vario 340 1.4

Post by nvdw » 18 Apr 2013 07:16 pm

Read this topic and start with "Checking the electrical section". All the information on the kickdown and brake pressure switches (both trigger the 'overrev' function) and how to check them can be found there.