b18ft injectors.

B14, B172, B19/200, D16 engine, ignition, cooling, fuel & exhaust system, gearbox, variomatic, final drive... | Tuning: engine swaps, welded diff, clutch upgrades...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
madseb

b18ft injectors.

Post by madseb » 26 Oct 2013 09:24 pm

justa quick one for all you technical folk out there.
now that I believe I have all the wiring sorted on my b18ft swap (taking a while due to time constraints)
ive managed to get it to cough into life yesterday with a brief sneeze, by manually injecting fuel into the cylinders.

my quiery:
the plugs are dry, absolutely. so no fuel seems to be reaching the cylinders. I have narrowed this down to the injectors, which I have removed, and cranked the engine over to see if they spray. which they did not.
ive been doing a bit of research, and would like some help in narrowing down the problem to one of the following:

stuck injectors from being idle for so long? im guessing this engine and car have been laid up for a number of years.
possible low battery? I have read online, that if the battery falls below 12v upon cranking the ecu goes into a safety mode and will not activate?
bad connection/faulty ecu. although I believe this would effect other parts of the system.
possible low pressure to the system, although I would have thought something would have come out of the end of the injectors?

I intend to test the injectors tomorrow using an ohm meter, and compare readings to that in the Haynes manual. from memory I think they are around 15ohms high impedance and 2-5ohms if they are low Impedance.

I have voltage to the injectors, again I am unsure of the voltage that this should be.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

madseb

jimi

Re: b18ft injectors.

Post by jimi » 27 Oct 2013 08:28 pm

If you have a poor batery when you wnat to start the engine all the power go to the start engine and the engine doesn´t start.
The resistor of your injectors must be 16 Ohm.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara » 29 Oct 2013 01:50 am

Just before you crank the engine you should hear the injector pump whirr for a split second.If not,assuming that this is like the 360,there is a thick black wire that runs from the fuse box under the dash through the heater and then through the bulk head just above the heating fan.This goes to the relay that powers the injector pump.Its not an obvious wire and can easily become disconnected and your car will not run but may cough occasionally.

madseb

Post by madseb » 17 Nov 2013 01:18 am

Just to close this topic, the fault turned out to be a weak battery, although reading 12v when tested, upon cranking it was marginally lower, causing the Ecu to cut out. So for clarification to anyone experiencing the same problems, makes sure you have a nice healthy juicy battery first :-)