Side exit exhaust Police

B14, B172, B19/200, D16 engine, ignition, cooling, fuel & exhaust system, gearbox, variomatic, final drive... | Tuning: engine swaps, welded diff, clutch upgrades...
NO parts requests here, please use our V3M BUY & SELL corner
pyro

Re: Side exit exhaust Police

Post by pyro » 26 Jan 2010 01:11 am

volvosneverdie wrote:
BRETTY BOI wrote:yer when i said about peeple havin aftermarket exhausts he sed dey r also illegal cos da exhaust is made 2 b loud not da car. so not reli sure how im guna get around it, i seen peeple wiv bike silencers but not reli sure wot 1s wud fit etc

lot of members have english as a second, or third language dude.
howay, give them a headstart man. :wink:
was going to say that matey, had to scratch my head reading that! tho ive not cleaned my glasses in a while and i am from selby (scrote central) so i should be used to it!
i mean no offence (or a wall) by that!

Ben
* Disclaimer
One of the above statements may or may not be true - but probably not.

Mors Principium Est

Now a proud member of YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club

whiskeyonesix

Post by whiskeyonesix » 26 Jan 2010 03:05 am

I didn't think side exhausts were legal? I had one one my old landrover years back.............

........ well, it wasn't actually a side exit one, I bodged a bit of pipe to the exhause manifold, cut a hole in the wing, and ran it up the side of the windscreen, one side exhaust, the other side intake. GR8 4 WADING
MKIII 360GLT Aus-spec B200EA 239K
Mods: custom paint fade
New Cylinder head.
Auxilary cooling fan.
195/60/14 Pyonghung Ditchfinder tyres
Vario Vents FTW

G8 4 DRFTN etc....

Ian Mac

Post by Ian Mac » 26 Jan 2010 01:36 pm

BRETTY BOI wrote:yer when i said about peeple havin aftermarket exhausts he sed dey r also illegal cos da exhaust is made 2 b loud not da car. so not reli sure how im guna get around it
Speaking English would be a good start.... :roll:

(I know its been said already, I just fancied sticking my oar in..) :wink:

I'm quite disappointed by some of the anti-police sentiment on here. In the main our police do a good job and if they need to pull a few kids in dodgy looking motors to check all is well then so be it. I've seen some of the cars my son and his mates 'cruise' around in and as far as I'm concerned they can get pulled every night of the week...
Ian

No Volvo 340 at present.

magnumpi

Post by magnumpi » 26 Jan 2010 06:02 pm

BRETTY BOI wrote:hmm i dont know i have to go over bumps at ridiculous speeds still and still it scrapes ha

Thids puzzles me, you "have to go over bumps at ridiculous speeds" why is this, is someone sitting in the passenger seat holding a gun at you? :wink:

Pro's and cons of modifying, if you want to be low you gotta be slow (atleast over speed bumps anyway).
I've got a side exit and have been pulled by the feds and nothing was mentioned, it's certainly not quiet but not rediculously loud either unless over 5.5K :lol:
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 26 Jan 2010 06:13 pm

magnumpi wrote:
BRETTY BOI wrote:hmm i dont know i have to go over bumps at ridiculous speeds still and still it scrapes ha

Thids puzzles me, you "have to go over bumps at ridiculous speeds" why is this, is someone sitting in the passenger seat holding a gun at you? :wink:

Pro's and cons of modifying, if you want to be low you gotta be slow (atleast over speed bumps anyway).
I've got a side exit and have been pulled by the feds and nothing was mentioned, it's certainly not quiet but not rediculously loud either unless over 5.5K :lol:

i thought he meant 'ridiculously low' speeds.

magnumpi

Post by magnumpi » 26 Jan 2010 06:21 pm

HAHA epic fail by me, your probably right :lol:
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 26 Jan 2010 07:02 pm

BRETTY BOI wrote:REMOVED!!!

dont want to get kicked off dont say stuff like that
its not rocket science sm4

340GLT
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by 340GLT » 26 Jan 2010 07:39 pm

@ BRETTY BOI, i have removed that comment as it was not needed and to be honest pointless. If you have a problem with a member air it to a moderator.
Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 26 Jan 2010 08:11 pm

BRETTY BOI wrote:its a joke :)
try it on a stranger ina pub at about 2245 on a sat night man.
Biggest one you can find.

if he laughs, its a joke.
if he becomes phsically violent, then its probably offensive. :wink:

mrsoundcraft

Post by mrsoundcraft » 26 Jan 2010 08:59 pm

Ok, what did I miss? :D

I though we only had controversy like this on the Celica forum. :lol:

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 26 Jan 2010 09:16 pm

A hillarious joke about congress between a member and another members mother.
Deleted as it was deemed inapropriate.

first post ive even witnessed deletion of.
:roll:

Jason B
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Jason B » 27 Jan 2010 04:52 pm

I think it depends on who you are really... I've been pulled a few times in various cars, once or twice in a peugeot 106 rallye rally car with a 2" straight through exhaust - that was loud!! (bear in mind it revs to 7.5k too... I think chris will know, but on a wessex event it was heard at a control about 6 miles away) The policeman didn't have a go at all, in fact he quite enjoyed having a good nose around the car. Mentioned it was loud but was very polite about it, didn't ask me to change the exhaust.

I like to think it's because I'm fairly polite and friendly...
'89 360 GLE awaiting 2.3 power

garth

Post by garth » 27 Jan 2010 11:46 pm

Actually whats the db's of a legal car? I know of plenty around here would fail massively.

'G887DHD' ASSet 340 1.4 Daily Driver SOLD
'E176RKR' Kermit 340 F7P Drifter SOLD

''Speeding, What's your excuse? B14 licked in yo''

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 28 Jan 2010 12:03 am

Jason B wrote:I think it depends on who you are really... I've been pulled a few times in various cars, once or twice in a peugeot 106 rallye rally car with a 2" straight through exhaust - that was loud!! (bear in mind it revs to 7.5k too... I think chris will know, but on a wessex event it was heard at a control about 6 miles away) The policeman didn't have a go at all, in fact he quite enjoyed having a good nose around the car. Mentioned it was loud but was very polite about it, didn't ask me to change the exhaust.

I like to think it's because I'm fairly polite and friendly...
Yeah likewise, I've been pulled once for ANPR, friendly guy, another time for sliding a bit in the snow and passing cars. Was friendly and just asked that I slowed down.

However when I was a bit younger I had a KA, used to enter and exit roundabouts at a fair pace. The copper who pulled me was a right nobhead! There's no other way of saying it. Fair enough I was driving a bit stupid. Turns out he'd given my mum a section 59 order a few days previous in the same car for accidentally splashing someone with a puddle. He was a proper aggressive about it all and said that "I was very lucky" that my car wasn't impounded. That's right, he tried to get a section 59 imposed on somebody else to work on me. He wouldn't have it and wouldn't stop roasting me until I'd lost my friendly smile. Then they were called away. As he walked away I said "Sorry guys", and he turned around and looked like he was gonna come back over. Fucking jobsworth, you get them in any place of work.
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Chris_C » 28 Jan 2010 12:55 am

Lol, you would have come off worse mate, AFAIK the car ASBO does apply to the car, not the driver :lol: :lol:
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast