"JET" Volvo 360 Turbo!! - Price drop - £1300

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: "JET" Volvo 360 Turbo!! - Price drop - £1300

Post by SteveP » 28 Feb 2012 01:02 pm

Speedy88 wrote:Brilliant! Yeah a 2.3 turbo should be quite the weapon! Whack that thing up to 12psi and you'll see redonkulous speeds.
AFAIK I think Adam was already running 11psi on Jet now :)
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 28 Feb 2012 04:53 pm

Wasn't it spinning couplings though?

Nate

Post by Nate » 28 Feb 2012 05:12 pm

Has it gone through more than 1 ?

I bought it with a coupling gone, my plan was/is to get a custom driveshaft made, but need to find somewhere locally that make them :)

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 28 Feb 2012 07:10 pm

Nate wrote:Has it gone through more than 1 ?
:)
Possibly dude. I may be remembering wrong.

If you go the custom prop route, make sure its ballanced.
Johnovlov on here got one proffesionaly done and there was casting sand or something left inside.
Shakey shakey, breaky breaky. :shock:

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Feb 2012 09:06 pm

To be honest, for a grand you really can't moan. The steelies came because they had reasonable tread and in the grand scheme of things the steels match the car, and though they weren't on the listing, which is fair but the alloys were needed, and I'm afraid yeah they were nice but at the end of the day the car had wheels with rubber. Anywho point is the car is worth more than a grand by a long shot, with that engine in it and all the work done, albeit with a few imperfections. I'm guessing your not a big 3 series fan? Because that car is rarer than a goldfish that can play darts. Once you have it moving, you'll forget all the problems.

I know Adam and have done for a while, and so im guessing your just taking the bad points. You put that much into a car whilst working every hour god sends and then sell it, making time for someone else's schedule. And the cam and diff really are in a warehouse, and the owner works night's, so getting to and fro is not easy, to say the least. But yeah a rare car with silly power for a grand, can't really moan :-P

i have a dream... a dream of a weekend not spent underneath a car
a weekend when no nuts and bolts are added to my toolbox
no pushing a car home in the rain

one day perhaps my dream will come true

or mabe im just insane

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Feb 2012 09:08 pm

Oh and the first coupling was because the last owner was... Silly, bodged it really badly, and that was on the standard engine.

or mabe im just insane

Nate

Post by Nate » 28 Feb 2012 09:49 pm

Dan wrote:To be honest, for a grand you really can't moan. The steelies came because they had reasonable tread and in the grand scheme of things the steels match the car, and though they weren't on the listing, which is fair but the alloys were needed, and I'm afraid yeah they were nice but at the end of the day the car had wheels with rubber. Anywho point is the car is worth more than a grand by a long shot, with that engine in it and all the work done, albeit with a few imperfections. I'm guessing your not a big 3 series fan? Because that car is rarer than a goldfish that can play darts. Once you have it moving, you'll forget all the problems.

I know Adam and have done for a while, and so im guessing your just taking the bad points. You put that much into a car whilst working every hour god sends and then sell it, making time for someone else's schedule. And the cam and diff really are in a warehouse, and the owner works night's, so getting to and fro is not easy, to say the least. But yeah a rare car with silly power for a grand, can't really moan :-P

Dan,

A fair point, but Adam did have the option of putting a reserve on the car.

My grudge (what was, as I am not interested in the other bits now and want to move forward) is that the wheels were obviously taken from the car in a rush, and a wheel stud snapped (not the end of the world!). Also, I gave Adam 11 days to reply to either the 3 texts or the message sent via Ebay.

As I have said, I am moving on ... Ideally I now want :-

larger rims to accomodate larger calipers/discs
lsd
sort out the coupling, either by getting a custom sleeve made that doesn't use clamps (seems the way) or a custom prop

I am not moaning about the cost and would have paid more (my actual bid I put onto Ebay was £1300 btw ), but as Ebay only goes up in increments, that price was not met ...... if a reserve was in place, that price may have been achieved.

I was actually toying between this one or the F7R volvo on ebay currently (the bloke wants rid desparately and will probably take £800 or less), and I am seriously considering buying this also.

I have been looking for a few years to get another 3 series tbh, I had one when I was around 19 and loved it, all 1.4 of it :D

Adam did come across as a nice guy, but to be honest, I would rather leave things where they are now and move on.

Fair ?

Nate

Post by Nate » 28 Feb 2012 10:02 pm

Right, I was okay with leaving this as is ...... But I have just seen the feedback left for me :-

'The gut is a nob! Assumed Things came with the car because it was im the picture'

My take on the above is :-

'The guy is a nob! Assumed Things came with the car because it was in the picture'

Could anyone else verify that if in anyway you would also assume that anything in an adverts picture is what is being offered for sale unless otherwise stated ?

Check the listing for yourselves :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170777772443

I really did give Adam a chance to contcat me, for gods sake, 11 days. As busy as he may have been, how long does it take to reply to a text message?

Dan, I go back on what I previously said, if Adam wants to call me names...... Game on!

At no point have I said anything untrue about the guy.

Evoman

Post by Evoman » 28 Feb 2012 10:07 pm

I would expect the picture to be a picture of the product I am buying so therefore I would expect to be purchasing everything in the picture relating to the product unless otherwise mentioned. Seems you have a rough deal :?

Post by 13431 » 28 Feb 2012 10:29 pm

Hi "Nate"

I am sorry how the whole sale went, if it was the other way I would be a bit pissed too.

Due to the way my company works I can be called half way across the country at the drop of a hat, the reason i haven't replied is because i don't have my phone.

The number you have is my work phone that was left in my work van when it broke down on the A14 and was Recovered back to the head office near Bristol.

The whole thing with the wheels.... my mistake i copy'd the listing from Driftworks and obviously didn't include my further comment about the wheels being gone already.

I did try to resolve the situation by giving you a set of Minilite wheels in white with nearly brand new tyres on and a set of steels with good tyres on.

At the end of the day you now own a Black 360GLT Turbo which is not common at all and a set of Minilite wheels worth at least a couple of hundred pounds.

I don't appreciate being slagged off on a forum when as most people on here no I and others worked day and night building Jet, I was working in Newcastle,Crew,Blackpool,Scotland and travelling back every night to get it done in the time frame I had, but again I do understand your frustration.

As for the feedback that was due to being pissed off at reading this thread and my feed back! Because the only reason I came on here is to see if you had join'd so I could contact you as I don't have your number in my personal phone.

I hope that this can be sorted out as I can't be bothered with arguing.

Adam.

Volvo 360 GLT 2.0i
Volvo 340 MK2 (Donor Car)
Volvo 340 GL 1.4 Turbo project
Volvo 340 Gl 1.7 Skid Car/ Battle Wagon
Volvo 850 2.0 - 20V
Volvo 460 SI 1.8

One day I'll Buy one that works....Maybe! :)

Dan91

Post by Dan91 » 28 Feb 2012 10:30 pm

Evoman wrote:I would expect the picture to be a picture of the product I am buying so therefore I would expect to be purchasing everything in the picture relating to the product unless otherwise mentioned. Seems you have a rough deal :?
This.

And in noway was nate offensive or unfair from what i can read, he was honest about the issues, he never said to avoid the guy completely, he gave HIS opinion about what happened, nothing wrong with that, what people take from that is there own choice.

Nate

Post by Nate » 28 Feb 2012 10:40 pm

Adam,

Lets just put a line under the whole affair.

I am not out after blood, but after reading the comment about me being a nob (for what reason?), the red mist descended.

I just want to move forwards.

My views have been aired and that is that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^This is me drawing a line under it :lol:

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Feb 2012 10:44 pm

What happened on eBay was between you and Adam, I'm just on about the car, as you may have noticed I didn't comment on that, and don't be immature, you both had an annoyance, but you came here complaining, and he is a friend, I would appreciate, ad I'm sure you would, bearing in mind I have known everything that's gone on, but that's not needed. And I am highly surprised everyone else ignored the fact he's a well known and helpful person, not one other person had said, well hold on, that doesn't sound right. That I find very fickle :-/

or mabe im just insane

Post by 13431 » 28 Feb 2012 10:56 pm

Dan don't worry about it mate its sorted! But thanks anyway for the support.

Fresh start!

If you need any help with the car just contact me on here and i will try and get back to you as soon as.
when i have my phone back i will let you know so you can then contact me by phone.

cheers

Adam.

Volvo 360 GLT 2.0i
Volvo 340 MK2 (Donor Car)
Volvo 340 GL 1.4 Turbo project
Volvo 340 Gl 1.7 Skid Car/ Battle Wagon
Volvo 850 2.0 - 20V
Volvo 460 SI 1.8

One day I'll Buy one that works....Maybe! :)

Nate

Post by Nate » 21 Aug 2013 10:56 pm

Hi Guys....

Looks like I will be selling 'Jet' on :(

Since owning it, it has not moved from where it was rolled off the trailer, but I have had a replacement diff fitted, and all I need do now for it to drive is replace the broken studs from when I bought it.

If anyone is interested, please let me know, you all know its history, so I shouldn't have to go into that too much :)

Price..... I'm looking for around £1200 for it with a set of minilite wheels (ones Adam gave me .... They are still in the boot and have never been taken out since owning the car)

I need to get the Logbook sorted for it, as I have never received one from the DVLA as well.

I also have another 360 GLT I bought for 'spares' (where the replacement diff came from :) ), which has everything on it bar the diff ..... If anyone is interested, I would rather sell that as a whole rather than breaking as I just don't have the time. I was even considering having some of the panels off and using on 'Jet' to make it a really nice example.

Anyway, as always ..... Loads of plans and lack of time :( So I think it best to pass the torch to someone who may have the time rather than leave them rusting.