1986 Volvo 340 1.4 Vario 3 door for Sale

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
baron_matt

1986 Volvo 340 1.4 Vario 3 door for Sale

Post by baron_matt » 14 May 2013 04:08 pm

Faced with the need to thin down the fleet at the moment, so sadly I'm going to have to sell my 1986 1.4 Volvo 340 DL Vario.

The car has just passed its MOT with no advisories has a fully functioning Variomatic system. I've owned the car since last October and was purchased to enable me to get around after breaking my foot. New genuine Volvo vario belts were fitted in 2012 by the previous owner to me.

I've fitted a new full exhaust system, new front brake pads, new bosch HT's, Dizzy cap, carb gaskets including base gasket and block have been replaced and pump diaphragm has been replaced. All ancient cracked vacuum hoses were replaced with silicone (except for the one with the restrictor ), the car was given a full service and runs sweetly. Tyres are good too with lots of tread.

The previous owner was also a member on this forum and had the kickdown solenoid overhauled and a key relay replaced in line with the guidance given in this forum's technical section.

Car has working headlamp washwipe also. Car is pretty much rust free, and is a 3 door with opening rear windows. Interior is good with only noticeable wear on the driver's seat and the headrest of the drivers seat where over the years it has folded forward and made contact with the steering wheel. Car drives really well and has been reliable performer. It also has genuine Volvo snow trays fitted.

Faults, the paint on the bonnet and tailgate isn't great, and the speedo has got stuck at 39K miles. The needle still moves and shows the correct speed so it is likely to be the standard issue where the numbers have moved off the worm gear. I've done no more than 4k miles since I've owned it so I'd estimate that the mileage is around 45K.

Its a good reliable car with loads of life left in it, I'm looking for £650 ono, its taxed until the end of June.

If anyone is interested drop me a line on matt_concannon@yahoo.co.uk and I can email some pics or call me 07789 482803. Car is located in Great Missenden Bucks.