Volvo 360 GLE Limited Edition For Sale

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
Hen

Volvo 360 GLE Limited Edition For Sale

Post by Hen » 27 Feb 2014 01:59 pm

Dark metallic grey 5 door in very good condition. 2 litre petrol engine, manual gearbox, full leather interior, electric front windows, sunroof, central locking, and has covered less than 90,000 miles (I will check the exact mileage when i get home). The MOT is valid until June 2014, and the car is currently registered SORN since the tax ran out at the end of December.

The car was owned by my elderly neighbour, who has recently given up driving. I bought the car from him a few months ago, but as a 3rd car it’s just not getting used. The car has 3 former keepers, according to the log book.

The bodywork is generally in very good condition. There is a very small amount of rust on the front valance, where it’s caught a kerb at some point, and the same at the rear. In addition there is some bubbling on the inside of the door sill around one of the rubber bungs (only visible when the drivers door is open). It looks like it could be easily sorted. I have tried to show this in the photo’s.

The wheels are alloys, and are generally very good – no kerbing, but one or two have a very small amount of bubbling under the laquer. All 4 tyres have plenty of tread.

Since I have owned the car, I have changed the spark plugs and HT leads, which has made it run more smoothly. The old gentleman who owned the car before me had it serviced every year, even though in recent years he has only travelled a few hundred miles per year.

Although in very good condition, there are a few issues with the car that I haven’t had time to sort out. The choke cable works, but won’t allow you to turn the choke off from inside the car – I suspect a return spring is missing. You can turn the choke off from under the bonnet by pulling the relevant lever on the carb. However the car will start without the choke, just requiring a few pumps of the throttle and then about a minute to warm up (depending how cold it is), while holding the revs up on the throttle. The car also has a slight petrol leak from the fuel tank, only noticeable when the tank is full. This appears to be at the point where a pipe joins the fuel tank, and should just need a new jubilee clip. If we have a dry weekend, I will try to sort this before sale. The rev counter doesn’t work (although all other instruments do) and although there are switches for heated front seats they don’t seem to do anything.

I'm looking for around £700. Please call or text me on 07917 465 289

All in all, a few issues but a very smart classic Volvo.

Hen

Re: Volvo 360 GLE Limited Edition For Sale

Post by Hen » 27 Feb 2014 02:04 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention the car is located in Sandhurst, Berkshire.

bogbasic

Re: Volvo 360 GLE Limited Edition For Sale

Post by bogbasic » 27 Feb 2014 04:40 pm

Evilness re-defined.
1988 340 1.4 GL, 218k, 5 door (Grey Bess). Gone to CBA.
1991 340 1.7 GL, 64k, 5 door, petrol blue (Deep Blue).
1988 360 2.0 GLE, 140k, 5 door, ocean blue metallic (Blue Bess).
1989 340 1.7 GL, 108k, 3 door (Red Ness).
More info here!