build you own coillovers.

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
madseb

build you own coillovers.

Post by madseb » 06 Jul 2014 09:09 pm

hi all,

while sorting through my parts at the weekend, I came across a pair of fk coilovers, given to me a while ago by a friend.

I got these with the intention of converting a pair of Volvo struts. which are now surplus to requirements and up for grabs.

included are:
two struts with what look like vw/ford etc hub mounts. although mounts are beyond use for their original fitment.
a pair of springs, and a pair of rear springs.
unfortunately I can only find one helper spring. so this is yours if you want it.
a pair of locking rings for each strut.
bump stops for each damper

also included are two glt struts, these will be bare struts with no bearings/springs disks or carriers. although still containing inserts. (inserts blown)

ill include a pair of Volvo top mounts (although one is a bit damaged, and has lost its gaiter retainer (see pics..) (spring retainers) however universal items can be purchased from compbrake, demon tweeks etc.
should you choose to use the original Volvo reatiners, I have a pair of rear spring (poundage and designation unknown) however these can be included in the sale.

the struts accept a standard Volvo strut nut, and are approximately and inch shorter than standard. meaning you get a substantial drop before winding up the coilies.

I am yet to get around to measuring these struts, but in a worse case scenario, they may require a collar being welded in, to take up the slack, or cut the original struts and weld these inside.
lots of information on the forum for this sort of conversion.

a very simple way of making a set of home brew coil overs for the Volvo.

I am asking £100 for all the above.

if you fail at skill / time, I can throw these together for an extra £100

collection from Dagenham Essex

pics and measurements to follow: