Testing the Waters...

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
Roge1

Testing the Waters...

Post by Roge1 » 29 Jul 2015 01:29 pm

Hey all,

Due to a potential change in circumstances I am considering selling my 1985 340DL, and wondered what interest it might generate on here!?

1985 on a 'C' Plate;
Flat Red in colour;
5 door, 1400 cc;
MOTed until April 2016;
Relatively full service history;
Mileage of circa 38k IIRC, albeit the mileometer stopped working not long after I bought it two years ago (I would suspect the figure to therefore be closer to 42k);
Fitted with decent Leo alloys and tyres with plenty life in them;
Bodywork is 'passable', with various minor dents, scratches and chips, and although not fully through, rust is just statrting to show on a couple wheel arches and door bottoms.

Since I bought it, the following work has been carried out:

Rusted sills and front valance cut away and replaced with new metal, then professionally sealed and painted;
Carb stripped and rebuilt last year (engine still requires fettling on occasion, but runs a lot better than before) and most engine components replaced with new when refitted - plugs, leads, cap, arm, filters;
New Battery fitted earlier this year;
Brand new windscreen fitted earlier this year (took several months to source!);
Hella front driving/fog lights fitted

Not really sure on value, albeit I appreciate I'll never recoup what has been spent. Cost me £850 2years ago, and I've spent far in advance with the works to date - that being said £900 would probably take it.

I can forward pics if anyone is interested (pm me your contact email details).

Finally, please bear in mind I live 20miles north of Aberdeen - for those not familiar with Scotland, Aberdeen is approximately 2.5hrs further north by car than both Edinburgh or Glasgow!!

Roge1 :cry: