Volvo 340 F7p 1.8 16v Fuel Injected , good spec, Pic Heavy

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
smchris

Volvo 340 F7p 1.8 16v Fuel Injected , good spec, Pic Heavy

Post by smchris » 30 Sep 2015 08:25 pm

For full details please read right the way through, contact details are below for questions or queries. I figure get the pricing out the way, If your keen you’ll read on, if not, carry on to next post/for sale ad.

I may also be interested in swapping for another RWD/drift car , try me .

To see Build type in google “cars and cool stuff” and look at the “My Car” part of the page. Or ask around the Volvo 300 Mania FB page. This car is well known.

£1700 for Car with spare 1.7 gearbox. 4 good treads

Engine:
Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v F7P Engine, around 70k on it. Cam belt changed 2013. I have receipts for this aswell. I have the original ebay listing for this engine aswell, along with receipts for most of the parts bought and work done. I've tried to keep as much history as possible with the car in my ownership, since engine swapped cars seem to be shades of grey.

I've also included my own "service history" oil changed every 2-3k miles. This seems to of kept the engine going from strength to strength since I fitted it.

There's also the original service history for when this car was a 1.4. considering the age of this car and the fact it's now engine swapped and modified, my priority has been keeping as much of it together as possible. You can see the full build and loads of pictures of this car on my website. google "Cars and Cool Stuff" then go to the page "my Car". it's all documented there, The biggest expense most recently has been new prop and clutch

This also has Adam's custom parts on it, If you are not familiar with Volvo 300’s do a bit of research. This man was one of the first to do the F7p/F7r swap, so he’s built quite a reputation and adapts parts to make the swap closer to OEM, He actually redid all my wiring for me shortly after I finished swapping the engine out and fitted the speed sensor

- Adam’s Reversed inlet manifold with custom air filter set-up to keep the heater box (esential for the winter months of de-misting!)

-Full, Custom manifold back stainless steel Powerflow exhaust with a center box. Still makes a great noise, loads of induction growl, but won't piss your neighbours or the constabulary off! it's a good sleeper.

-Adams’ custom loom.

-Walbro fuel pump

Suspension:
The front is on 220Lb springs that are 2" lower than standard, along with Gaz top adjustable shocks. The rear has been lowered by 1.5" also with adjustable Gaz shocks.

It has Nev's (DriftMoto) heavy duty engine mounts. The engine barely moves under load or hard revs.

The whole front end is polybushed, including droplinks (makes a huge difference) along with the top and bottom mounts on the shocks at the rear of the car

Interior:
The back of the car is stripped-out; however I’ve managed to find and put he rear panels and boot carpet back in. Needed something a bit more civil since it was a daily commuter. The the front is intact with door-cards carpet etc. It has 2 x Sparco sprint seats, 2x sparco 4 point harnesses and an OMP Corsica deep dish steering wheel.

Good points:
Recent new parts include: Spark plugs, Distributor, HT Leads, Oil and filter, Clutch, Fuel Lines and Prop.

It’s a really good fun car to drive and still feels special after nearly 3 years of owning it, It is ready to be drifted, but the handling is much nicer and more neutral with the open diff. (I’ve owned a welded 300 for two years prior to this, I’d say that qualifies me to comment on how it affects the handling) There is more than enough power to have some tail out times if you fancy it, even open diff in dry.

This car can catch you out if you are not paying attention.

I’m selling as I fancy a change or getting some savings together.

It is good as a daily, as it is very quiet with “normal” driving (2 silencers in exhaust) however there is plenty of induction noise on Wide Open Throttle. It is a proper, Deep, Visceral Growl below 3k that echoes fantastically through tunnels and built up areas. Best part is, you are not breaking the speed limit to get that lovely noise!

The car has an MOT till April 2016. It is taxed at the moment. But obviously that’s irrelevant now

The actual Shell is on 60k and I'm the third owner of the car. As mentioned previously. There's still the service history from when it was a 1.4. I feel this adds to the integrity and worth of the car.

Bad Points:
There is a patch of rust under the front windscreen, not very big but has been there since I have owned the car but seems to not be getting worse.

I've also had one of the rear jacking points done aswell as that was on edge.

However, If you look at the actual arches and the rest of the car they are solid with most of the factory underseal still there. I clean them regularly so no dirt can build up to start rusting. If you run your hands under the lip of the arches, they are very smooth as well.

It got advisories on one of the track rod ends in the last MOT aswell, so this might be worth tackling before next MOT. £9 for extra lock track rod ends off Classic Swede website.

There's a few other little niggles and things that I'm sorting out. But the car as a whole, is a complete, rolling ready to enjoy car, for any weather.

Having the original heating box in it, makes it fantastic for the winter months usage aswell if thats your plans. The adjustable dampers means you can enjoy very comfy rides when you need to and stiffen it up when the mood takes you aswell. It literally takes a few minutes to change them all since the adjustments are all in accessible places.

I am based in Swindon (this is well known in the car community in Swindon as well. Only one as far as I’m aware! So certainly stands out.)

I’m looking for £2000 ONO for the car (£3000+ spent along with a lot of work getting the car to this point now) Please feel free to ask any questions.

Email: chris_hibberd@btopenworld.com
Call/text: 07769177358 Chris.

My job doesn't permit to have the phone on me to respond to calls and messages at will. However I will always get back to you, be it text or call.

1989 Volvo 340dl...F7p :)
1989 Volvo 340dl-welded and lowww :P - Sold :(

http://www.carsandcoolstuff.com- a poky little motoring site about performance cars, drifting, track days, gadgets and software... ooo yea and my little volvo drifter too :)

smchris

Re: Volvo 340 F7p 1.8 16v Fuel Injected , good spec, Pic Hea

Post by smchris » 14 Nov 2015 02:22 am

Price drop to £1700 folks. Bump
1989 Volvo 340dl...F7p :)
1989 Volvo 340dl-welded and lowww :P - Sold :(

http://www.carsandcoolstuff.com- a poky little motoring site about performance cars, drifting, track days, gadgets and software... ooo yea and my little volvo drifter too :)