'88 360GLE Saloon Gold

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
GulfPetrolHead

'88 360GLE Saloon Gold

Post by GulfPetrolHead » 06 Oct 2015 09:35 pm

Late '88 Volvo 360GLE saloon, 2.0 Carb model
She's a bit of a survivor car so to speak with 197,830ish miles on her, some good orginal features and some tasteful aftermarket aditions.
Good stuff:
-Lovely good condition cream interior which is a genuinely nice place to be with electric windows and heated seats to boot, nicely complimented by the orginal factory headunit and a OMP Corsica wood and chrome steering wheel, although a factory steering wheel will come with the car too.
-PAS from the factory.
-14" period BBS wheels all round wrapped in Falken rubber with decent tread all round. These wheels could do with a clean up but theres little to no curbing on them.
-When up to temperature the car drives brilliantly and drives straight and pulls well!
-Old man spec AA badge on front grille.
-The car even has an original dealrship badge on the boot and the original dealership tax disc holder
-Vovlo factory 'snow tray' floormats all round, which are desireable and have helped to keep the cream carpet in great condition.
-Brand new battery fitted this week
-Solid and waxoiled floorpan
-MOT untill 5th July 2016
Bad stuff:
-The car sometimes misfires a little from cold and somwetimes struggles to idle nicely untill it is up to temperature.
-The doors are shot, theres no nice way to put it! But included in the sale are 4 replacement doors that are in much much better condition that are currently in blue from my old GLT that was written off.
-There are a few areas of the body that will need attention: The rear arches are starting to scab up and rust; in the boot above the light there is an area of rust, for which a replacement peice cut off of my old GLT is supplied; the passenger side a pillar is also starting to rust and a replacement peice is supplied for this also; the front valance is a standard place for these cars to develop rust and this old girl hasn't escaped although it is a lot better than other cars I have seen with only the middle starting to rust and paint just begining to peel around it.
-The sunroof has been taped up to due to a leak. The mechanism has failed also.
-At some point someone has fitted a GLT rear spoiler to the bootlid and as such the car has gromits to fill the holes across the lid.
-MILEAGE!!! the car is knocking on 200k but I have a 68k injection engine and loom that could be included in the sale for £100 extra, this was my spare engine for car I kept due to the milage the car has.
-The car has an odd problem, presumed to be pre-ignition related, sometimes when the car is turned off it continues to try to turn over a few times.

I am asking for £600 for the car with the replacement doors and £700 for the car with the spare engine also... Please remember you will need to have some way of taking the spares away as the doors will not fit in the car!

I have been as honest as I can be in this advert and have taken pictures of all of the good and bad areas, I will answer any questions you may have on the car.
My first 360 to have a solid spare wheel well
Facebook.com/GotCorn

GulfPetrolHead

Re: '88 360GLE Saloon Gold

Post by GulfPetrolHead » 07 Oct 2015 09:02 pm

now sold
Facebook.com/GotCorn