340 1.8 16v bike carb rollcaged, perfect drift/rally build.

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
madseb

340 1.8 16v bike carb rollcaged, perfect drift/rally build.

Post by madseb » 12 Apr 2017 05:43 pm

HI all, currently listed on ebay, please feel free to spread the word share etc:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-340-1-8 ... 2366180058?

1989 Volvo 340,

one off rally/drift build, with the skys the limit customizing options.

this was taken on as an unfinished project from a fellow enthusiast, Following having much money and time poured into it, I have now lost the free time to work on it, and would like to see it moved on to another owner.

It is indeed with a heavy heart, that I must trim the fleet and try and recuperate some of the finances poured into my projects. so my loss is inevitably your gain.

the history of the vehicle as I understand it:

exterior:

Originally a 1989 f reg Volvo 340 1.4 in grey.

previous owner has stripped the vehicle, removed seat mounts and had a full roll cage installed, by an unknown party. vehicle was then fully sprayed in white inside and out.

Door handles from a 340 4 door rear to delete locks, brand new aftermarket door handle rubbers.

rear bootlid lock delete, with spring clip reatiners. smaller number plate (16.5") to accommodate space. will require bootlid lock flushing (or fit a lock all mechanism is still available to be used)

currently on 14" vw polo banded steel wheels. suit the car, although tyre choice does cause the back to rub on full suspension travel. can be rectified with a different tyre choice, or smaller/no lowering.

all door panels etc removed. dash trimmed to fit around cage.

standard instrument cluster from original vehicle.

centre console/heater/radio removed. flat panel fabricated to house switches and relays for aux electrics.

glove box removed to house fuse blocks for main/aux wiring.

centre console removed, one off metal fabrication for support/main 12v isolator.

battery relocated to rear of seats, custom battery box.

custom gearshift thread conversion to accommodate custom 8 ball gear knob.

custom one off wiring loom to run bare minimum electrical/auxiliary feeds. all lights/indicators brakes/reverse work as per mot requirements.

car will come with custom seat mounts, ready to weld in, to suit Volvo seat bases. x2 bucket seats. and a pair of 6 point 3" race harnesses. (will require cross bar welding in to support short reach harnesses)

engine/transmission/brake system

vehicle has benefited from a 1.8l 16v f7p engine from a clio Williams. this has been mated to an alloy inlet, with what appear to be Honda cbr 600 carburetors. (please feel free to correct me if im wrong)

1.8 16v head, from inspection of the inlet/exhaust ports appears to have benefited from a bit of gasflowing/tuning.

standard 5 speed Volvo 340 gearbox. with standard prop (expect this to break if you go much above the power output of this its probably at its limit) ill include a spare as replacements are getting a bit scarce.

cooling is via 360 2.0 radiator, twin (landrover?)fans operating from a kenlowe controller. on custom framework.

rear axle is standard with drums, and on 3" lowering blocks.

front suspension is volvo 340 standard struts on 60mm lowering springs. front brakes are standard although on grilled/grooved disks. Subaru 63mm stud conversion.

custom made 340 brake bias box with split master cylinders. (requires plumbing up, and reservoir location)

exhaust system came with the car, and is a cobbled up 340/clio pipework. work recommend getting a custom one made at some point.

This is a good car, which would suit someone as a project, with very little needed to finish. ill assist in anyway I can, if I have the parts you need to finish it in my possession, then by all means they will be released with the car.

there really is a lot of good points on the car, however its far from mint:

no noticeable rust. a very good shell.

previous owner has done a presentable job of the spray paint, although its been painted to be used, not shown. and as such is far from perfect.

heater matrix/radio and all other mod cons have been removed. making it a fun toy, but by no means practical.

the engine has been started, run up,and idles. hopefully with a bit of juice you can hear it running. although it hasn't run since new years from memory. revved very quickly with an amazing roar from the carbs. no smoke/abnormal noises from the engine. sounded very healthy.

please no stupidly silly offers. the price stated is a reflection of the money/work and time gone into the vehicle. very near offers only!

please study the pictures carefully as they form part of the description.

no swaps / playstations/ x boxes/ other cars. No timewasters. lifes too short.

please satisfy yourself with the car via a viewing prior to placing a bid. If you fail to do so, ill assume your happy to collect unseen, and will notify on bill of sale as such.

SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: 340 1.8 16v bike carb rollcaged, perfect drift/rally bui

Post by SteveP » 14 Apr 2017 09:04 am

So much potential, looks really great. Shame you're having to sell but that will make a fun car once completed!
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux

madseb

Re: 340 1.8 16v bike carb rollcaged, perfect drift/rally bui

Post by madseb » 14 Apr 2017 07:55 pm

Thanks bud.
It is indeed a sad situation. But needs must.