1984 Volvo 360 GLS – One Owner, 21,000 miles. Museum Piece!

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
galv82

1984 Volvo 360 GLS – One Owner, 21,000 miles. Museum Piece!

Post by galv82 » 17 Apr 2018 05:18 pm

This is truly a rare barn find, only 20 on the road according to howmanyleft.co.uk – surely this is the lowest mileage, most original example in existence?

I purchased the car from the original owner’s son, where it had been sat in a garage for 15 years. It was purchased by the previous owner from new, and serviced every year from 1984 to 2002 by the local Volvo main dealer. Unfortunately, the previous owner passed away in 2003 and the car has sat in the garage ever since. In the time it was on the road, it covered just 21,000 miles which is backed up by a fully stamped service book. The previous owner even kept a record of mileage every time he filled up! I have all the original paperwork for the car including the original pre-inspection delivery report, Volvo service manuals/pack, 2 keys and V5 in my name. The car also has the original dealer stickers, number plates, RAC Badge and etching on windows, as far as I can see everything is as it was when it left the factory in 1984!

Inside the car is like stepping into a time warp. Being the GLS model it is an extremely comfortable place to be! It is immaculate as can be expected for a car that has been used sparingly over 34 years. The bodywork is generally rust free, although there are a couple of surface patches around two of the arches, the driver’s side door and the front valance which could easily be repaired.
A mechanic has run a compression test on the engine and we were amazed to find it has better compression than most modern day cars! However, we have not started the car as there is no spark, probably down to a faulty ignition coil. I have had the car on a ramp and the following work would be required to make it roadworthy:

• 4 new tyres (the originals were flat and although they have been pumped up they are perished). 4 tyres are approx £100.
• New brake lines and brakes all round. Amazingly only one of the brake was seized but it freed off easily.
• New battery
• New exhaust (back box section only which has perished over time)
• Removal of surface rust to underside of car. Having looked at it closely it doesn’t appear that any welding is required

Unfortunately, I am not a mechanic and would rather this is purchased by a Volvo enthusiast with the time and skill to return it to the road. With a little bit of work and not much money this will probably be the cleanest, most original and low mileage example in the country – ready for shows.

Offers invited in excess of £1,000. A trailer will be required for removal.

Note if the car does not sell I will instruct a mechanic to undertake the works on my behalf.

Viewing by appointment in Hertfordshire, serious enquirers only please!

Note the photos have been cropped as best I can so they were within the upload size limit.

Thanks for looking!
Sam
Attachments
IMG_0931 cropped.jpg
IMG_0930 cropped.jpg
IMG_0929 cropped.jpg
IMG_0928 cropped.jpg
IMG_0927 cropped.jpg
IMG_0925 cropped.jpg
IMG_0923 cropped.jpg
IMG_0921 cropped.jpg

K1995b1

Re: 1984 Volvo 360 GLS – One Owner, 21,000 miles. Museum Piece!

Post by K1995b1 » 29 May 2019 08:46 pm

Still for sale? Im looking for a forever car like this. Will be kept in a heated garage and used only for shows.