340 for parts

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
d3k4y0
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by d3k4y0 » 04 Oct 2006 09:30 pm

tigersport wrote:
d3k4y0 wrote: True dat, My '60 only cost £175 and it's in great nick! I sold ray for £80, and I doubt that needed more than another £50 to get through the MOT.
Yeah and what was your 360 offer for before you made the offer?
The '60 was on the 'bay for 150 with no bids, I offered 175 and had my hand bitten off. It'd done 60,000 miles and had the book filled in by volvo garages until 47k, the truth of the matter is, unless a car of this age has a decent length MOT on it, it isn't worth anything over scrap value.

We are very much in favour of saving these cars, but unless it's rare (3dr 1.7/360, or a top condition Mk1 or Mk2) you have to be realistic in terms of what will somebody gain from buying an MOT failure, especially one with 'exessive rust' and no brakes.

As bad as it sounds, Ronnie's price is about right, I'd say 50 quid to get it off your drive.

Bear in mind, if you gave it to a scrapper, they have to tow it, so they'll only offer you a goldfish and a balloon anyway

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 06 Oct 2006 12:13 am

So you want me to run an Irish auction then? Its an interesting idea but I don't think it will catch on. Still I know what you mean about the breakers, a couple actually want me to pay them to take them away which made me chuckle.

I would note however this post started as 340 for parts and although eventually I did plan on selling the car to somewhere, I kind of thought that there would be a few parts requests (other than Vart's radio one and the nice guy over at the owners club for the spare wheel strap), since I used to need at least one or two trips to my favourite scrap yard before the services.

I'm kind of irritated though that the brake line is gone because it would have been easier with it, see this is what my Volvo garage has become (yeah there are a few issues there).

Oh yeah and my car was serviced at the Volvo garage in Burton (even changed when it was moved to a different company) all the way till the end.

Maybe I should just retitle this "Various parts for a 340"

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger » 26 Oct 2006 11:52 pm

Hi Tigersport, Can you sell me the boot struts and the rubber door seals where the door frame meets the glass windows. (These are the seals that are mounted horizontally). My 340 lives in Alicante where it doesn't rain much and the rust is held in check. But the sun is a bitch on the exterior rubber and the door seals have petrified. Of course the sun has nothing to do with the boot struts, I'm just sick of having the damn boot hit me on the head every time I fetch my beach ball.

Thx

gunslinger
1986 340 DL 1.4 110K

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 27 Oct 2006 04:42 am

Actually, I just replied to the other post, which is funny. The car was scrapped today (yes I got more than £25 for all those concerned) because we needed the space, but for some unknown reason I did take off the boot struts, so yeah I could send them. Actually they were strong when I took them off, and well replaced a few years back (the old ones failed, then the replacements blew out and tried to kill me, so this is set 3). I'm sorry that I didn't take the rubber off now. So yeah send in for them.

For everyone else, I now have...
2 x brake light switches
4 x steel wheels with michelin energy tyres on (COLLECTION ONLY)
1 x black spare wheel with a firestone on (COLLECTION ONLY)
2 x Intrument Panels with Rev counter, speedo, oil temp and fuel
(One will have abient temperature gauge)
1 x econometer gauge (can be fitted to the above)
1 x oil temperature gauge
1 x left manual mirror
1 x VC608 Radio with working tape deck
1 x center console clock
1 x Grille
3 x drivers grab handles
1 x front passenger grab handle
1 x Volvo center rear lap seat belt
1 x set of rear mudflaps
1 x set of Volvo rubber mats

I think that is everything, but well will have a look next time I'm out there

stevenc75

Post by stevenc75 » 27 Oct 2006 11:57 am

You don't happen to have an original Volvo manual do you?

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 28 Oct 2006 12:04 am

stevenc75 wrote:You don't happen to have an original Volvo manual do you?
The owners manual (that would be the one that comes with the car?), because yes I do sitting upstairs in the volvo folder (about some car in Beverley Yorkshire, but still thats the only bit that has been written on and it was like that when I got it). Do have the Haynes manual too around the place too. So if you want it, I'll dig an envelope out.

foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by foggyjames » 30 Oct 2006 09:34 pm

Jeez guys, way to talk the man out of a deal :P

Did they crush the car straight away, or was it being picked around for parts? I think I have a B14 now, but a back-up plan would be good...

When you say oil temp gauge....and the risk of asking an insulting question...it it definitely an oil temp gauge, or could it be the air temp gauge which goes in the dashboard? Very much interested if it is the oil temp gauge (and mounting panel) which go in the hole in front of the gear stick. Econometer is probably of interest to someone...maybe me!

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 30 Oct 2006 10:41 pm

foggyjames wrote:Jeez guys, way to talk the man out of a deal :P

Did they crush the car straight away, or was it being picked around for parts? I think I have a B14 now, but a back-up plan would be good...

When you say oil temp gauge....and the risk of asking an insulting question...it it definitely an oil temp gauge, or could it be the air temp gauge which goes in the dashboard? Very much interested if it is the oil temp gauge (and mounting panel) which go in the hole in front of the gear stick. Econometer is probably of interest to someone...maybe me!

cheers

James
Well as far as I know the car was crushed after the guys had a good go at getting everything I didn't have space to store off. For the record the scrap yard was
J.F Lloyd & Son
Nottingham Rd, Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire LE65 1DR
Tel: 01530 413347

As for the oil temperature gauge, well it went after a visit from a friend from my old Uni for his one, so well its gone and apologies for not updating till now. I do have a dashboard with the air temp gauge (I was hoping it would work magically like the rev counter did) so well I have an idea about that one.

As for the econometer, well it only the gauge so don't get too excited as I never found out how to connect it up in the old beast, so probably needs a tube from the manifold or something.

Also the boot struts are currently sold (and packed up ready to send once I know where to).

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 19 Dec 2006 12:57 am

Well the radio has gone now.... so add £15 to the running total...

MCHUDD
*** V3M DONOR ***

HEAD LIGHT RELAY

Post by MCHUDD » 19 Dec 2006 03:59 pm

HI MATE. DOES THE CAR HAVE A GOOD HEAD LIGHT RELAY[THE ONE THAT SCREWS INTO THE BULKHEAD]. I NEED A NEW ONE FOR A 1989 360 GLT. MY NAME IS MARK FROM BELFAST.
CHEERS.

tigersport

Post by tigersport » 28 Dec 2006 12:41 am

I'm sorry but that part of the car is part of bits that got crushed... like most of it, the only exceptions are above.

MiGAT

Post by MiGAT » 02 Mar 2007 09:31 am

So it's for a long time that i don't see V300M, because i'm actually writing my diplom thesis.

Last year in december i posted a message into volvo 300 demand topic in relation with ambient temperature, econometer, and oil temperatire gauge.

I see that you have these gauges, at this time is this offer subist?
Volvo - Rolling Power

germ
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by germ » 02 Mar 2007 03:18 pm

Yeah that econometer gauge would be nice

How Much Do You Want For It?

Cheers
will
Volvo 340 Image 1988

yotuddor

340 dl manual/automatic

Post by yotuddor » 21 Mar 2007 03:31 pm