Testing the water!

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
mnrjohn

Testing the water!

Post by mnrjohn » 05 Oct 2009 09:33 pm

After being old school for the week, i've decieded to give it up and go back to my Focus.
Shes a '89, 2.0 GLE manual finished in beige :D. Could do with a good service brakes mainly as they are squeeling a bit. I've had it a week and ive done the cambelt + tensioner, leads and dizzy cap as there was no service history. The exhaust has a nice size hole in the back box but i should be getting this sorted soon.
Last 2 MOTs have had no advisory notices and im sure it will fly through next year, no visable welding underneath.. mainly cosmetic.
Most bits work on it, bar the seat heaters... well they could have been but took a good 20 minutes to warm up. Fog lights wired into a relay on the main beams but they do not work. I got as far as getting the relay to click but ran out of time, the NS/F central locking and the trip/mileometer. They're on my list of things to do but if im going to sell I'll pass.
Tyres all seem OK.
It has all the car parking refinements of an old car and an old lady owner but besides that theres nothing really worng.
MOT - march 10
Tax - end of october.
Impressed with how it drives and handles. No nocks or bumps, pulls well and brakes true.

The reason its testing the water is because i do not yet have the V5 through, hopefully next week I should have something.

Looking for what its cost me so far £350 if you would like it taxed (6months) £400

If your interested send me your email address and ill send some pictures over.

Cheers

John

Bobelix

Re: Testing the water!

Post by Bobelix » 05 Oct 2009 09:45 pm