Hi, new member, pics inside. I'm back 9-7-12

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
ty360volvo

Re: Hi, new member, pics inside. update

Post by ty360volvo » 22 Apr 2012 03:11 pm

any progress or pictures of refilling fronts:)
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

STEVE

Post by STEVE » 22 Apr 2012 04:39 pm

No, sorry all work has stopped while I get the discovery up and running. Got morew plans for the volvo but there on hold for now

STEVE

Post by STEVE » 09 Jul 2012 10:16 pm

Hi again everyone spent a lot of time sorting out my discovery and been on the d2boysclub forum A LOT!!

Now I'm back on the volvo so thought I better get myself over here again, fitted wheels spaces to the rear as the tyres are CLOSE to the landrover shocks, then tonights jobs have been to offer up my replacement front seats and thats a win, only one mount to mod, and they should go in nicely, (sneeky pic below of fitment but not giving away what the seat are from). and front legs are coming off all unbolted ready but daughters in bed so no banging, they will be off tomorrow night.

Jobs to complete are refill front shock's poss going to try chain saw oil, its really thick or ep 80 - 90.
repair front valance and refit lip spoiler.
roll rear arches.
fit new front seat's and see if i can also get the rears to fit.
replace door seals.
Give it a good clean and polish.

STEVE

Re: Hi, new member, pics inside. I'm back 9-7-12

Post by STEVE » 11 Jul 2012 06:21 pm

Both front strut are now off but half way pics here, and today I stripped down one to refill also going to geduce the travel so the springs can't fall out.

STEVE

Post by STEVE » 05 Aug 2012 09:21 pm

A recent pic took today at Santa pod.

STEVE

Post by STEVE » 21 Mar 2013 04:44 pm

Been a while and I don't have any more pic's but while I remember the list above has got shorter.

front shocks now have ep80-90 in them and sleeves fitted over the shafts to shorten the travel. all legal now.
Front seats replaced.
repaired front valance and refitted lip spoiler. (would like to find a replacement valance)
rolled rear arches.
replaced door seals with range rover P38 the doors are now tight to close but now more wind noise or rattling doors so happing as a free repair as had the seals

run out of mot tax insurance and cash at the min lol, anyone know where to get replace ment sills. just the rear 5 inches but I'm crap at making good patches and want the repairs to blend in.

shaunatkinson22

Post by shaunatkinson22 » 10 May 2013 09:40 pm

hey buddy war about did u cut the spring co i have same proble the front no low a nuf and i have the springs to but dont no war to cut them is haf at top and haf a botom wb shaun