In soviet russia, car throws you

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
jtbo

In soviet russia, car throws you

Post by jtbo » 12 Jan 2013 01:12 pm

It is interesting country with interesting people driving cars, even that you know what to except you get surprised watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxdJWc74VY :mrgreen:
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage

thebear54

Re: In soviet russia, car throws you

Post by thebear54 » 13 Jan 2013 11:39 am

Now THAT is funny. :lol: :lol:

I am glad I do not own a car insurance firm in Russia...I have seen some of the horror and carnage on the roads there through YouTube where everyone has a dash cam for protection against law suits.
Where did these people learn how to drive ??

John
DAF CLUB of AMERICA Director & DAF MUSEUM-USA Director

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 13 Jan 2013 01:04 pm

thebear54 wrote:Now THAT is funny. :lol: :lol:

I am glad I do not own a car insurance firm in Russia...I have seen some of the horror and carnage on the roads there through YouTube where everyone has a dash cam for protection against law suits.
Where did these people learn how to drive ??

John
It is bit skewed view, nobody posts driving where is nothing wrong, so one gets only videos where is something wrong. They have cameras, because of insurance frauds, without camera one has poor chances to get his word trough as there has been so many frauds and also if getting into victim of such fraud there is difficult time to proof otherwise.

Then on big thing is drunk driving, which is really big issue there.

Of course there is also issues with quick change of society that has lead to higher percent of individuals to walk path of greed which can be observed from videos how eagerly people are driving, ignoring risks and having practically no patience at all.
There are however really lot of people driving and really lot of those that drive just fine.

If one has no weak stomach, rucrash.com provides perhaps best window to that world, it has nice google translation too so it is possible to read bit more about incidents. But as site really shows up crashes without filtering them, so one can see also people dying and even loosing limbs and if such is something one don't want to see, then it is better not to watch all videos there at least.

However their deaths are not in vain when videos are shared of how things did happen, as that will give anyone possibility to see what things did go wrong and what to look out for to avoid ending up into similar situation.

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 13 Jan 2013 08:35 pm

Yeah, that's why I tend to watch the crashes too. Not a fan of any with gore but it certainly teaches me where certain situations can arise. That said, I sometimes surprise myself when I miss things on the road - seems to happen a lot more now then when I was young. Maybe my brain is depleting :lol:
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 14 Jan 2013 04:36 pm

Speedy88 wrote:Yeah, that's why I tend to watch the crashes too. Not a fan of any with gore but it certainly teaches me where certain situations can arise. That said, I sometimes surprise myself when I miss things on the road - seems to happen a lot more now then when I was young. Maybe my brain is depleting :lol:
When you forget that you had kettle boiling every three days it is just normal for persons over 30, that is what doctors say here.

Yeah, driving over 60 seems just bit silly for amount of things missing at faster speed, when young speed limits should of been 80 at least.