Mac is fragile.

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
340GLT
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: Mac is fragile.

Post by 340GLT » 21 Jan 2013 01:05 pm

wishing you all the best mate.
Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 21 Jan 2013 02:56 pm

Sorry to hear is mac dude, wishing you all the best.
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

pettaw
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by pettaw » 21 Jan 2013 03:30 pm

Man that doesn't sound good. So sorry to hear that Mac, take care of yourself and we want you back nagging us about our 300s as soon as possible!

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 08 Apr 2013 09:16 pm

Hope you're feeling a little better dude.
Seem a bit more active lately so I hope you're on the up fella.

mac

Post by mac » 08 Apr 2013 09:34 pm

Thanks for asking! (at least someone has noticed my recent ramblings).

Still not 100% by any means but seem to be improving gradually. Had a few really good arguments recently with so called "service" providers which have cheered me up no end.

The quacks still don't really know what has gone on but at least most nasties have been ruled out. Recent CT scan was fine (at least they say they found some sort of brain in there) so we're back to either a persistent virus of some sort, or a change in my migraines screwing up my brain chemistry.

In truth I don't need to look far to find people far worse off than me - you just have to cope with life chooses to dump on you.

Mac.
88 5door Redline 1.7 52k - 19 XC60 Momentum Pro D4 AWD 17k
1950 pair of legs that don't work very well.

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 08 Apr 2013 09:48 pm

Mac, the fact that youre up to a bit of posting and grumbling is great news.

Doesnt matter what it is, as long as its going away dude.

Keep grumblin!

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 08 Apr 2013 10:06 pm

mac wrote:Thanks for asking! (at least someone has noticed my recent ramblings).

Still not 100% by any means but seem to be improving gradually. Had a few really good arguments recently with so called "service" providers which have cheered me up no end.

The quacks still don't really know what has gone on but at least most nasties have been ruled out. Recent CT scan was fine (at least they say they found some sort of brain in there) so we're back to either a persistent virus of some sort, or a change in my migraines screwing up my brain chemistry.

In truth I don't need to look far to find people far worse off than me - you just have to cope with life chooses to dump on you.

Mac.
Great to hear from improvement :)

I have been thinking (which might be dangerous) and conclusion I have been circling around is that as long as you can move by yourself and you still have your own will to choose when to move, where and at what speed, things are not horribly bad, even with some limitations if one can move even within those limitations things are not too bad.

Also if anyway possible, one should move, not just sit and wait what comes.

I started with 5km bicycling, daily, upped that to 10, 15, 20, now I'm at 35km limit, that is what I can do without it feeling bad, that is 30km more than when I started and it is not really more than month ago. Every day I push myself to my limit in distance that I can comfortably do, not working hard, just travelling and trying to increase the distance if I feel that I'm able to.

For me that works, it was horrible at the beginning, could not do much, gasping breath, but it is getting better, it certainly is not fixing the main issues, but it is helping to cope with issues. I have lot more strength so that if I get weak day I have some extra to overcome weakness, also lung capacity has started to increase, so when I'm getting short of breath it is no as serious as I have some extra capacity.

I used to think that people do workouts because they think those avoid them to get health issues and I got thinking that can't be bothered with that, what comes, comes anyway. However I think now that maybe it is working out so that one can get over from issues easier.

Of course sooner one starts the better, after 40-45 it starts to get harder to get gains, but still rather important I guess.

With pains it of course would be very much impossible to do workouts and there are conditions where one should not, but my experience currently is that hard work does pay off. Most important thing for me has been that I do it daily, if I keep two days brake it is sliding back, so just daily and every day I try bit more, there are mornings that I have zero power, I would like to skip the thing, but 15 minutes after starting workout things start to improve and strength returns, if no workout is done, that no power situation is going to last whole day for me. For some reason I have to kickstart my body.

Surely mac's situation is different, but I thought I share what has made things more bearable for me, at least for now.
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage