RDC Retro Drift Challenge

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
Dean

RDC Retro Drift Challenge

Post by Dean » 31 Jan 2013 08:06 pm

I've seen a few volvo 300 pics floating about on the facebook page, just curious if anyone is going?

I'll be going to watch.... Not got the funds to get mine up to standards to compete (cage etc)

Be cool to see any of you guys up there if anyone is?

Not exactly any confirmed dates or venue yet, but there is a lot of craze about it going on:

http://www.facebook.com/RetroDriftChallenge?fref=ts

Dean

Re: RDC Retro Drift Challenge

Post by Dean » 04 Feb 2013 01:00 am

Noone going? Must be a few drifters on here - Round 1 venue is in Manchester on Bank holiday Monday 6th May for anyone interested

Venue details to follow 1st March

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 04 Feb 2013 01:52 am

Thinking about it, but most likely won't have a car ready in time. That and I already have Buxton to take my frustrations out on. Also the details are still a little vague - if the venue is in Scotland for example, I'm oot.
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

Dean

Post by Dean » 04 Feb 2013 02:12 am

Speedy88 wrote:Thinking about it, but most likely won't have a car ready in time. That and I already have Buxton to take my frustrations out on. Also the details are still a little vague - if the venue is in Scotland for example, I'm oot.
Cool, I'm not competing but looks like it'll be a cool day out - It's definitely manchester for round 1 but no venue details.

wiganer31

Post by wiganer31 » 05 Feb 2013 01:12 am

ive not looked as im not on facebored but my mate meantioned this, dont you need a fia spec cage and aload of other daft shit if you want to compete? if the first round is in manchester i will be there to watch. maybe it will be on the trafford over spill carpark were the allstars was a few years ago?

Dean

Post by Dean » 05 Feb 2013 01:19 am

wiganer31 wrote:ive not looked as im not on facebored but my mate meantioned this, dont you need a fia spec cage and aload of other daft shit if you want to compete? if the first round is in manchester i will be there to watch. maybe it will be on the trafford over spill carpark were the allstars was a few years ago?

Yeah theres some strict-ish regs to compete so it's out the question for most, but I'll be there to watch - Me and my mate were talking about where it could be and thats not a bad shout, the best I had was buxton raceway but that's not technically manchester...

wiganer31

Post by wiganer31 » 05 Feb 2013 01:51 am

yea i imagen they would laugh if my car turned up. buxton aint that far, i wold guess at the trafford car park, the jdm think wasnt bad, or theres another place but i forget what thats called, either way it will be at the other side of manchester so i have to travel lol

cheers