Value of a 360GLT in Australia?

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
williswoody

Value of a 360GLT in Australia?

Post by williswoody » 06 Feb 2013 09:54 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry to say, I'm going to be selling my 360GLT :( it was a great first-car for me, and while it did have some problems, it was a great little runner.

I was originally going to keep it, but I desperately want something more reliable, and my parents have scared me into not taking it on journeys over 45 minutes haha, even though I'm sure it would be fine, they still have me worried it would stuff up.

I paid $2,950 for it from its owner, and since then I've put almost 20,000kms total on the odometer, bringing it up to 207,000km/s. We have replaced the fuel pump, fixed a hole in the radiator, put in a new thermostat, fuel filter, etc. I looked up the value of it on the RACQ website, and it suggested the value was between $2,500-$3,450.

I was thinking of listing it on Gumtree for $2,250 Australian dollars. Would you think that's quite reasonable?

It is a 1984 Volvo 360 GLT HATCH, Manual, four cylinder,

It has:
* power windows in the two front seats
* tape player/FM/AM radio
* cigarette lighter/power socket-working
* four cylinder
* will come with Road-Worthy Certificate and Registration until July 02, 2013.
* central locking
* also includes the rubber floor mats, as well as the carpet floormats (which I bought as an extra $80 bucks!! very nice, but not practical in the rain)

Issues:
* being a small car, picks up a lot of bumps in the road- probably fine for driving in town though
* there is some air leakage, as the rubber seals either don't fit properly, or they have worn a bit. In heavy rain, the car does leak slightly
* the horn is crap, sounds like a dying chicken :P
* dent in the front on the driver side of the vehicle, where I hit a small wallaby and it knocked out one of the fog lights. speaking of fog lights, neither of them work
* a few small cosmetic dents, dodgy touch-ups with the paint (my fault)
* no air-conditioning, hence, not a very good defogger (heater does work)

What we've had to fix:
* new fuel pump
* fix a hole in the radiator, also had to replace thermostat and fuel filter
* had some issues with it "bunny-hopping", first time was the fuel pump relay wasn't working properly, last few times water had gotten into the Distributor when the car splashed through some big puddles... just sprayed WD-40 into distributor and it was alllllll good.
* serviced twice in the one and a half years that I have owned it (:S)
* steering/wheel alignment. new part had to be ordered due to wallaby dent.

SOOOOOOO, if you were looking for a 360, or were looking for a first-car, would you buy it for $2,250? Thanks for the advice :)
1984 VOLVO 360 GLT HATCH Owner. First car. Aussie. Uncertain of it, after it's started playing up lately :/

Logan360

Re: Value of a 360GLT in Australia?

Post by Logan360 » 06 Feb 2013 11:00 am

A legal straight one struggles at $1200 across the ditch here.
Own:
86 360GLT
97 S90
92 960S, Royal
01 Subaru Lancaster 6
96 Volvo 854R

Owned
E90 320 M-sport wagon
S60T -Mazda Familia
850lpt -AU Falcon
855T5 -91, 95, 97 960
940TIC -Mitsi GTO TT