MCHUDD and 300s

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
MCHUDD
*** V3M DONOR ***

MCHUDD and 300s

Post by MCHUDD » 27 May 2014 05:17 pm

Hi all.
My name is Mark and i come from sunny Belfast [ sunny my arse. It rain 360 days a year] :lol: :lol: :lol:
I first got a 360 GLS back in the early 90s. then it had to go as my son got a motability car. I realy missed
it and managed to pick up a freebe in 1999. I drove it for 3 years and 4 months before it finaly died :(
I realy missed having a 300 and dreamt of having a realy old one. My search ended in May 2004 when
a 1981 345 came up for sale in the free adds paper. I went to look at the car and when the bloke pulled
all the carpet that was draped over it :shock: , i saw that it was yellow :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Buying a yellow motor was going to get me some stick :lol: :lol: . I drove it into work and the guys said
"What the f*** have you done and i said " This is the Banana" :lol: :lol: :lol: . It was 23 when i bought
it and is still going strong :D :D :D
However i still needed to replace the GLS. In the meantime i got my hands on a 1989 GLT. What a car.
I had it for five years before it sadly passed away but in 2010 i finaly got my hands on another 1983 GLS.
When i bought the Banana, i started lurking on here. I didn't join for another two years but i have now
been around for ten years. I find this site brillaint. Everyone friendly and helpfull. Hope to be around
for a while yet. When my computer whiz kid son in law teaches me how to post pictures i will do so.
Cheers Mark.
sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69 sm69