Hello everybody!

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
WimWarnez

Hello everybody!

Post by WimWarnez » 28 Aug 2014 07:16 pm

Hello guys,

I'm Wim, 23 years old and I live in Belgium. Actually I never tought I would post a welcome topic at a Volvo Forum but hey I like it already :D First of all a bit of history of me, my car history and why I'm here :)

My first car I bought a year and a bit a go. That is a 106 Rallye Phase 2. It was since my daily drive and I bought it to make it good again. Now a month ago I took it off the road zo make some rust repairs but as I'm pretty much entangled in de rallyworld and I have a roll cage and suchs for the car I'm making it a rallye group n spec car. here some pic's of it (when it was a road car, I already had Sparco Sprint Fia seats, OMP steering wheel and some other fun things. I also made a big-ass airbox for it (last pic):

now it's like this:

airbox:

If anyone wants to see more pictures of the car and the rust repairs I'm doing atm, I can always post them :) I also made doorcovers etc (race trim) and more.

So now I had to search for a new daily and I bought myself a Ford Courrier, and after 3 days of driving I already am enoyed by the sheer slowness and crapyness, no offence. It drives decent and is a usefull car but nothing for me. (i mounted rallye steelies for the MOT here xD)

Now the Ford is for sale, and after some talking with a good friend I decided to buy a volvo 340. We already discussed a volvo 340 a long time ago so I always stayed a bit in mind. Yesterday I bought the car :) but still have to get it to my house. I even took a ignition cap with me cause it had some problems runnign stationary without shock. So installed the new one and it turns superb! :) So no photo's yet cause it's not here yet but I can say it's a 340 4 door sedan 1700 petrol, manual 5 speed :) Oh and it's a bit a special edition I think, elektrical windows, sunroof and alloy wheels. It has some little things to do but it drives well and she'll take me to work. And to me FR setup, with transaxel and floating diff sounds good :D

Tbh I don't know much what I will do with it in the future. Probably for now I'll put it a little lower with a nice wheel and that's it. (But I would LOOOOOOVE to mount a F4R engine and LSD, but I should stop making plans like that xD i'm a nightmare :D)

So as soon as I have the car i'll put some pics up! now i'm going to dig in the forums and see some technical specs, weaknesses etc...

Cya around :)

360beast

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by 360beast » 28 Aug 2014 08:06 pm

Welcome to V3M all the info you could possibly need will be on here somewhere.

I do love a saloon 300 series so I know I'm going to like it already :lol:

The main weakness with the 340 is the prooshaft breaking mainly due to sagged engine mounts so it would be worth buying some new polybush engine mounts from Dai

http://www.classicswede.co.uk/-Polyurat ... 80905.aspx

thododd

Post by thododd » 28 Aug 2014 09:43 pm

welcome, nice to see some PSA stuff getting appreciation round here 8) anyone who doesnt like a wallye doesnt know cars!

right ... im off to drive my GLT so i forget how much i miss not having my AX on the road :lol:

WimWarnez

Post by WimWarnez » 29 Aug 2014 04:08 pm

Yeah, my rally is underrated from a lot of people, until they have to chase me in a narrow road, or they give it a shot in de co-drivers seat :D Oh I have polybush suspension parts for the pug. And I will install a refurbished rear axel with poly bushes and bilstein suspension.

Thanks for the advise on the poly bushes! Actually I found that when the engine was running and a on-throttle that the block does shift a lot. Well not really extremely! So first update will be the mounts, it will also help for the throttle respons! A 2 doors hatch is great too but well, I think a 4 door sedan can be classy as fuck :D

Keep you posted! :)

WimWarnez

Post by WimWarnez » 09 Sep 2014 06:28 am

She's home!

now getting her MOT :)

classicswede
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by classicswede » 09 Sep 2014 05:26 pm

Looks quite nice in the photo, also notice the painted bumpers :D
Dai

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk

http://www.classicswede.com

phone/text 07824887160

Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

WimWarnez

Post by WimWarnez » 10 Sep 2014 09:12 pm

Yeah she looks alright :)

here some pics off today: After work degreased and cleand the carter (oilpan?), differential and gearbox. Not that it leaks oil but she sweats a little I think. But I'm preparing an order for you dai :D Poly bushes, and differential gasket set i will need. And maybe some other bits and pieces.

Cheers for now :)

tomorrow rebalancing the wheels as I have some shimmy at 115 km/h. Also well do a wheel allignment because the steeringwheel is slightly off centered to the left!

WimWarnez

Post by WimWarnez » 28 Feb 2015 01:34 pm

Some updates:

The volvo got a new clutch, rebuilt my carb, and I'm refurbishing some BMW Hartge wheels (from an E30). I also removed the black sidethingys on the doors, only to find out that there is a color differences en some of the paint came lose instead of the glue they used.

Next up: Spraying wheels and fitting, lower it 5 cm. and do a kind of striping where the paint came lose ^^
When all of that is done, I'll post a picture.

Meanwhile does anyone know which spoiler was used here on the bootlid:

Kind regards,
Wim

tralla44

Post by tralla44 » 01 Mar 2015 09:44 pm

I have too a peugeot 106 Rally MK2..
It,s the best city car.. Small and she have some good power.. But onlu my have 1.4 litre engine
Summer in the race track i was 3 sec winning Honda Type R
Ride to Live
Live to Ride

360beast

Post by 360beast » 02 Mar 2015 09:17 am

That's just the standard spoiler for a 300 saloon