New guy from PT

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
ESPANTA

New guy from PT

Post by ESPANTA » 18 Oct 2022 04:10 pm

Hi everyone
I'm known by my nickname ESPANTA among my friends, i'm 28 years old and i'm from Portugal. i've got that car owner sickness :lol:
Always had a love/hate relationship with volvo - love the cars, hate the brand support(no parts available after 5/6years)
850's 740's always liked them since ive worked on them on an official dealler(while finishing studies) but thats what always stopped me from buying a volvo. 2/3 yeas ago i had the oportunity to drive a 340DL while doing some maintenance and ive absolutely loved the handling (reminded me of the french cars 106/205/306) + it was rwd. but once again the lack of parts kept me from thinking about buying one.
Until a couple weeks ago one 340dl landed on my face for really cheap(and i mean really cheap).
Long story short: thought about it and said what the hell. went to see it and left with it "spoken for".
Just picked it up this week, has some rust in general(apparently nothing major for a car that spent its whole life outside by the sea) but the engine starts and pulls really well, the interior is almost spotless + it came with the rear of my datsun ute full of spare parts including an engine and almost complete drivetrain :mrgreen:

Between searches this forum kept popping up so decided to register(just hope this forum hasnt died like most of others due to social media)