I was really bored today....

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
swordfish210

I was really bored today....

Post by swordfish210 » 22 Jan 2008 05:10 pm

so i decided to give the 360 a quick wash and polish.
I took the car to my dads house and thats when things started to go wrong. I unpacked my jetwasher and when i turned it on water was pissing out everywhere from the unit so i decided that it was wanked and i put it away. I got a bucket of soapy water ready and went looking for a sponge.....no a single car wshing sponge in the house or the garage so i had to make do with a couple of dishcloths :x .
I then went looking for my breaker bar and wheel socket so i could get the wheels off and clean the backs of them and in the wheel arches....i then remembered that all of my tools, including my jack and axle stands are round my garage in the back of my 205...D'oh! So i had to make do just leaving the wheels on.
I finished cleaning the car then i dried it and got some T-cut out and gave that new boot lid a polish because it was faded to buggery. It came out ok and i decided to take the 340 GL badge off and put my 360 GLS one on. I peeled off the old badge and got 90% of the old tape off of it but when i went to find my double sided tape i couldnt find that anywhere either so i just left it off for now.
The car didnt come out too bad considereing that i had to do a really half assed job due to lack of equipment so i took a drive out to my favourite photo place and took a few snaps on my phone:

Next time i clean it i'll make sure i have everything i need before i start :lol:

All i'v got to do to the car now before i sell it is: Replace Right Front caliper, Get chip in windscreen filled, Get left headlamp washer working, Replace headlamp washer blades, get reverse light working and give it a proper clean :D The car will be pretty much mint and problem free then (witht he exception of the blue Mk3 tailgate :lol: )
Proud owner of a Crummy Volvo and a Ratty old 205

Jason B
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Jason B » 22 Jan 2008 06:32 pm

Well, if you are that bored I have a BIG list of future stuff for the 360 to be getting on with (including hunting down the following for as cheap as humanly possible: late 240 lh2.4 loom, volvo 940 16v injectors and ecu - shameless tount I know)

On topic - the car looks really good and those lanes look pretty cool too
'89 360 GLE awaiting 2.3 power

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 22 Jan 2008 07:26 pm

Car looks very nice now.

Is that structure bridge of some sort? Used by cattle, horsemens?

Looks quite nice place :D
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage

swordfish210

Post by swordfish210 » 22 Jan 2008 09:57 pm

Jason B wrote:Well, if you are that bored I have a BIG list of future stuff for the 360 to be getting on with (including hunting down the following for as cheap as humanly possible: late 240 lh2.4 loom, volvo 940 16v injectors and ecu - shameless tount I know)

On topic - the car looks really good and those lanes look pretty cool too
I'd be happy to help if you didnt live so far away :D The car would have looked better if i had cleaned it properly and the lanes around my aera are really cool but they're not a patch on the B-roads in west Scotland :D :D

swordfish210

Post by swordfish210 » 22 Jan 2008 10:03 pm

jtbo wrote:Car looks very nice now.

Is that structure bridge of some sort? Used by cattle, horsemens?

Looks quite nice place :D
No it's the back enterance to a cemetary. I came across it one day in the summer whilst i was on one of my frequant jaunts down random lanes in my 205, so i stopped and took this picture:

Now i know that you all hate Peugeot's on here but i thought i'd show you how much nicer the place looks in the summer. It would probably look pretty nice with some frost and snow as well :D

Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Carl » 23 Jan 2008 12:01 am

I dont hate Peugeots!! ;)

Sounds like a a few hours of solid work and you'll have the car perfect. Top job!
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery

CarlD

Post by CarlD » 23 Jan 2008 01:21 am

good work there. i must admit that one car i haven't driven is a 205, i've driven a couple Mk1 gti's and one mk2 golf and i loved my mk2 polo breadvan, but always wanted to have a play in the other classic hot hatch of the time. sorry if this sounds wrong

SoLaMaNdA
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by SoLaMaNdA » 29 Jan 2008 11:08 pm

Looking good. Glad to see you're getting on well with my old girl!

Is that a new exhaust I see?

swordfish210

Post by swordfish210 » 30 Jan 2008 12:02 am

aye, £104 worth of new exhaust as i had to buy the center section as well cause it had rusted through :(

SoLaMaNdA
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by SoLaMaNdA » 30 Jan 2008 12:05 am

Oh well, it had lasted well considering. That exhaust had been on that car for over 2 yrs and my previous car 2 yrs too!! The downtube should be solid as it was recently replaced so you shouldn't ever have to touch the exhaust again.